Thread: got a little indie something for ya

Thanks

Smile got a little indie something for ya

Sign in to disable this ad
    hey people, ive got some mp3s that i hope youl enjoy...ive got an ep available at http://www.flamemusic.com

we're aiming for 1000 downloads of the ep so that we can go hastle record companies with a definate figure of whos heard our stuff, and who might buy it. were at 500 already (well, nearly, 486), so its going alright!

anyways, its all recorded on a rubbish old pentium 2 machine with a cheap shure mic, a 4 channel behringer mixer and some freeare recording equipment.

hope you enjoy, we're also collecting comments in our guestbook should ya wish, but post something here by all means - ill read it!

thanks!

Thanks
    I thought Paris sound a lot like John Lennon. The last song sounded like a casio keyboard on auto pilot. I was listening for the grabber that would get a record company thinking 'hey these guys are hot'. Keep up the good work. You have some potential, so here's my best input. Get out and play. Turn off the machines, get some real drums and start playing in the garage or basement or wherever. I'm not trying to be harsh, but right now you guys need to get some snap in your step.

Thanks
    My frst reaction was the same - Very John Lennon.

I agree with slkeen. On the last song (All Gone) I was waiting for the climax but it never came (no pun).

Your site lists a bass player, but I can't hear it on this song. Not crazy about the hard panned crash cymbals. Reverb (echo?) needs to come down on the vocals.

Pretty good for what your working with though.

Thanks

i think the biggest thing that could hep you guys out , as mentioned above, is a real drum kit. at the beginning of paris, that digital sounding drum thing would be a cool effect if you used it to lead up to a real kit but it was a bit much through the whole song. I like the vocal processing though, its a sound that you don't hear often anymore. kewl.
    www.sanijav.com
    www.myspace.com/sanijav

Thanks

Smile

thanks for the feedback guys...drummer and better vocal processing are on the agenda for our first lp.

ta!

Thanks
    i think that the drum machine thing could work, but only if you made it sound like you mean for it to sound like a drum machine. i've heard stuff like this that had pretty cool techno-ish drum machine stuff on it.......well i guess more disco ish, but you get the point...hopefully
    Last edited by donkeystyle; 03-20-2004 at 23:23.
    This place is garbage.

Chicago area, probably looking for more coffee.
    Thanks
    Lock Open has a more "full" sound than the rest... Interesting stuff.

Who's the chick on the cover? If that's the cover...

Thread Information