Good Timing - Son's Will Recorded in my Studio!

Hello there, the instruments levels are way off, voice sounds too hot, i didn't like the drums, there are a couple of mistakes, i think they are not well recorded, i mean with proper mics, anyway everything is there, but are also to low. I recommend use electronic drums if you can't record them properly. I barely can hear the bass, is there right?. Is that the sound you want for the guitars? I'm sure you can do better, a little eq on them, and also, try to match the harmonies, the guitars are not hitting together the notes.

Ok, is not everything bad for me, i like the vocals and the rhythm, not bad at all, seems like a driving song, and the most important thing is that i enjoyed the song, not my coup of tea, but i can hear it completely.

My advice, read some manuals about equalization, compression, limiting, etc. And take a look on Addictive Drums or Superior Drummer on youtube. All this will take your song to the next level.

Regards.

The playing and song itself are great. The mix...well it's kinda dry and needs some tweaks to get it to sound a little bouncier.
Drums - too low, Guitars - too loud, Vocals - too dry and loud
What reverb do you have available? Agian this is a great tune that just needs some level matching/comp/reverb.

The playing and song itself are great. The mix...well it's kinda dry and needs some tweaks to get it to sound a little bouncier.
Drums - too low, Guitars - too loud, Vocals - too dry and loud
What reverb do you have available? Agian this is a great tune that just needs some level matching/comp/reverb.

Agreed. Good performances, but all the levels are out of whack. The bass is barely there, the guitars and vocals way too loud and the drums practically disappear in the chorus.

Yup. Sounds like most of it was recorded and mixed in a foam-laden booth.

Back