Good times, bad times

=) thanks for all the comments guys! i'm going to have to work a bit harder on another cover, and truley nail it before i get it up here..im thinking maybe some communication breakdown? collabs sound like a lot of fun, so yeah whenever i'm down i'll be hitting up a few guys here for some stuff...maybe we could get one person per each instrument and get a sweet mix of us goin on something!

Hey ZoSo,

I threw some vocals on this today. I hope you don't mind me posting it before sending it to you, but I'll take it down right away if you don't like it.

I can't do drums for about another 3 weeks because we're moving. But, the more I listen to your version, the more I think you nailed the drum and room sound a lot better then I could have.

It's right here: GOOD TIMES BAD TIMES.

Eventually, with your permission, I wouldn't mind putting up HERE. (Ah! I just remembered you have to do a quick sign up. Anyway, it's a colloborations page on my site where I have a few others I've done with people, mostly from here at HR.)

Hope you like it, man. Let me know.

Last edited:
I listened earlier and was gonna say it really needs vocals lol. Great job on them. A bit quiet on the mix, but I think it's all there now.

I listened earlier and was gonna say it really needs vocals lol. Great job on them. A bit quiet on the mix, but I think it's all there now.

Yeah, you're right about the level. I'm updating the link. I realized what I did (or didn't do, actually). A new version will be up in the same link in a second...But turn your speakers back down if you turned them up for the last version. :eek: :D

EDIT: Just put up a proper version, sorry about that. :)

Great job with the vocals Rami, it adds about 200% to the song. Not sure what will come next with it but it sure has stirred my interest to keep checking back to check it out!:D

Good job, ZO so, congrats...good playing and recording, excellent guitars, drums...I listened now pre/pos vocal version.Good stereo image too:cool:
some eq on highs (gain) could be a good option.

RAMI, niiiiiiiiiiice vocals :):cool:...or, as Dogman would say...Fuck you, RAMI!:D:D:D
I can't do drums for about another 3 weeks because we're moving.

Again!?:D
(Good luck)!

Ciro

this is awesome! GREAT job buddy, it sounds awesome...you're right, totally fills it out....wish i nailed those triplets though :( we'll definitly re-do this when you can record drums! and you can totally post this, it's great

btw i dont know if anyone noticed, but the biggest prob with this song is i RECORDED IT TOO FAST! the beat is much faster than the actual song, thats why theres so many problems lol i tend to have that problem...in my head i think its the right tempo but NOPE! always too fast

ZoSo & Rami

What the heck are you guys doing? I haven't recorded anything meaningful in like 114 years, and along comes guy A (that's ZoSo) and says "I got a little Zep cover, check it out." And then along comes guy B (that's Rami) and says, "Oh I could do the drums, but maybe later--here, I'll sing for now."

And BAM!!!

I quit...

This sounds great! I'm both jealous and inspired!

Lol. Good job Ramrod. You have a good Zep voice. Great harmonies too. It really sound Zep-ish now. The vox really added a lot to it.

i think we should do communication breakdown next......;)

or howbout some immigrant song? think you can hit those nice plantian notes Rami? ;)

Very nice! Best zep cover I've heard in a long time. I'm glad you posted it -- it'll stop me from even trying one of these for a couple of years :D.

this is awesome! GREAT job buddy, it sounds awesome...you're right, totally fills it out....wish i nailed those triplets though :( we'll definitly re-do this when you can record drums! and you can totally post this, it's great

btw i dont know if anyone noticed, but the biggest prob with this song is i RECORDED IT TOO FAST! the beat is much faster than the actual song, thats why theres so many problems lol i tend to have that problem...in my head i think its the right tempo but NOPE! always too fast
Thanx alot for giving me a great music track to work with. I really felt like I was singing along to the record with your tracks.

I didn't want to steal your thread, so I tried thanking everyone by repping them. But I couldn't rep everyone, so I want to thank everyone for their comments now.

ZoSo, I didn't notice the tempo being too fast. But if you say you often have that problem, download this: http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/audio/taptempo.htm I use it when I do covers and it's great.

And, by the way....there's is NO WAY I can sing "Communication Breakdown". "Good Times Bad Times" is about my limit for Zep. It's one of his lower tunes, especially the bridge "...still 16 I fell in love, etc....". I'll let you know after the operation, though. :D :D :D

DAMNIT..so of course last night, i finally have that full epifany of how bonzo does the triplets in the song...the first two are cowbell, kick kick...and the last is kick kick snare....so i go donwstairs today, and within 15 minutes of doing that beat over and over slow then fast, i finally nail it. go figure. haha this ones going to HAVE to get re-recorded!~!

Amazing Job, The guitars are smashing.

Rami kick ass on those vox, wow bro, thats damn impressive.

I very rarely say this but the drums could use much more verb:D

Cool jam guys

Back