Good Ole' Rock'n Roll!

cool stuff man. The drums I liked, strong left hand on the backbeat. Voice line aint that bad, but you`d probably want to recut it. I`d like to hear the rythym come up nearer the level of the drums. Guitar has a tone similar to a cat named Toy caldwell that I like, Fat. Good ol rockin music!!

Nice playing. Good song. Tight groove. I enjoyed it.

You and I should start an acapella vocal group?? :)

first, good tune!

the mix sounds kinda harsh and mid rangey to me.. I think it's the guitars.. there are a few spots on the vocals that could be punched, but most of it was good.. the whole mix sounds very limited/compressed to me.. It might not be too bad if it wasn't so mid range sounding..

all that aside, this is a really good rock song..

--EDIT-- I have a terrible flu and my comments could be way off.. either way the song was cool..

I really liked the tune a bunch. The chorus was very catchy and the harmonies were cool. Pretty heavy reverb, but it works for me on this one. Had kind of an early 70's style guitar hook.

Lyrically - it was so so. Kind of had a common theme - that "girl I'm gonna leave you" thing that I've heard often.

The the lead guitar was the slightest bit crispy. Some vocal sync issues here and there. Some pitchiness in the vocals during the intro.

But real real real cool musically. Trip...

I like it.....rockin' along.....too much FX on the vox; but that was probably to hide some things you weren't happy with.......nice guitars.....I also like your bass sound.....the mix seems a bit muddy to me...that could be the FX doing that........

TOKI.....you talking about the guy that played with Cowboy?

Thanks for the comments guy's...

LT Bob.. Yep.. I tried to cover it up but it made it worse.. I should know better.... :D

Triple M.. I am so impatient when it comes to writing it always ends up being my week point.. :(

B.SABBATH.. I had a tough time fixing this after I tracked it and I was sick too so I didn't redo anything... HEY! This could have been my 1.5! :eek:

kjam22.. Or Barbershop!

Thanks for listening and for the comments!

sounding pretty good man....not crazy about the little vocal part at the beggining...it just needs to be a BIT tighter.

I like the guitar tones a lot.

Nice job. Guitar sounds great. I'm actually hearing a little Tom Scholze (Boston) tone in there. Of course I'm listening on computer speakers.

Vocals in the intro need to go or get fixed IMVHO. I thought the vocal performance sounded pretty good. A couple places it got a little loose and it did sound a little too processed.

I like the song. Very tight performance.

The groove/changes remind me of a Spin Doctors song (don't know the name of it)... like it lots!

Drum overheads -- EQ high-shelved? Dunno... has that grainy quality to it... may just be mp3.

Good songwriting; excellent arrangement. Have you thought about putting tunes up at Garageband.com?

c

Good work!! I wouldn't call this straight up old school rock, but it certainly got that good o' vibe in it.

There are some minor timing/pitch issues, but once you retrack the vox, this is gonna rock even harder!!

AL

Back