Gonna try and redeem myself-2nd try at Sweet Child O Mine cover

gtrplyrguy

This is my second attempt to submit a song. The first went terribly wrong in the uploading process and the link sounded horrible. I have since improved my MP3 encoder using Lame (the one Reaper uses) after I found the 64 bit version and the upload on my link sounds much better.

Since my last posting, I also took some advice from my first post responses. Retracked the vocals and added a harmony track. Also balanced out a few things.

Please give me your thoughts on what I could do to improve this. I will be adding another vocal track when my daughter comes over to record it.

Thanks in advance for your input.

http://off-beat-studio.com/audio

4th song on the list

I liked it for the rendition you did. Nice take. The rhy gtr is out of tune and the mixing is still in its' infancy.

IOW, this version grabbed by the horns would be nice, especially with the female singers.

I"d almost prefer acoutics strumming instead at this tempo.

Sounds like horrible singing at a karaoke bar minus the booze the help you get through hours of audio torture. Obviously the songs that you actually used a karaoke track for the music sounds even more like being in the bar, but yet again with no booze to help me get though it hahahah :laughings:

The songs do have their moments of great singing, but they all sound like 1 take recordings with little editing and nothing at all like how a studio recording should sound.

Unlistenable. Seriously, the Casio-demo-like backing track and way off pitch vocals make this pretty terrible. :(

Learn how to get very good with MIDI, or record actual instruments.

but they all sound like 1 take recordings with little editing and nothing at all like how a studio recording should sound.

:laughings::laughings::rolleyes::rolleyes:

good to know the requirements for sound like a studio recording.

Cut the guy some slack and go practice your axe so you don't have to edit so much and do 20 takes! (wink)

But seriously, don't overlook the beauty of first takes, especially with vocals. You'll miss a lot not recording that "warm up" take. Same with gtr solos...

then there's Fleetwood Mac that sold millions.... :p

I wasn't aware there were any requirements at all, but it's obvious that it needs more takes and serious editing. If it takes 100 takes, that's what it takes. :D

I think the singing was nice but not necessarily for that song. The rest of it was, and I'm sorry to say disappointing. Keep at it.

Good vocals - as I said before.

Whatever you're using to record the vocals, use that to record the rest of the tracks. The vocals sound pretty "normal" for homerecording, the rest sounds thin and far away. You just need to find a method to "beef up" your tracks.

Back