Give Me Love!

Man, you are all over today....did you just dig these up? They all sound good. I don't hear any dissernable difference in tape speed. Should I?
Anyway, cool song, once again. Did you play and sing this one at the same time, or is it multitakes? Sounds really good. I'm gonna have me a bunch of covers for a cd soon.... :D

Yeah, baby! I just dug them up out of the archives!

I have a ton of stuff similar to this just sittin'round in the archives on the ol'puter,... most of which obviously originated on analog tape!!

I put this together in 2 passes. 1 pass of 1-guitar and 1-voice simultaneously, then a second pass of a second guitar track (following the first guitar exactly,... you can hear them diverge and strum separately at the very end),... for a total of 3-tracks. I think I was mistaken calling this "4-tracks" on the Soundclick details page, as upon re-listening it appears to be 3 tracks. The point of saying "4-tracks on the Tascam 38", is that it implies there's still open tracks available for further overdubs!

I'll probably go back and edit that. "4-tracks on..." info on Soundclick, as it's apparently 3 tracks,... one of voice and two of guitar.

It's probably better with 1 vocal track (as in this example), because it's part of the "philosophy" I've developed over years of T & E, that one strong vocal track is always better than two weaker vocal tracks layered onto each other. That's for lead vocals specifically, and not pertaining to backups and harmonies,... but I hope you understand. If not, ask & I'll clarify.

;)

The tape speed references are just for hardcore analog heads, and in truth there is a difference in fidelity between recordings on the various recorders, with different tape widths and tape speeds. People are always inquiring about the differences in sound qualities of different formats, Noise Reduction/No-NR on this bbs. However, if I've done my job right as an "engineer", the differences should be subtle and minimal.

Thanx again!...................... ;)

Last edited:
Whoaaaaaaaa...talk about memories!! Good ones too! Back when there was peace in our hearts more! :)

Way to go Guru Dave! :D

I was pretty broken up when George Harrison died, in Nov. '01.

We all knew he was dying, but the day it happened, it hit me very hard.

At first, I thought 'oh, well, that's a real shame'!

Then I put on "All Things Must Pass", & it hit me like a ton of bricks! :(

"Apple Scruffs"... anyone? ;)
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3416745&q=hi
Recorded on 02/05/00,... just like the cut, above!! Same day, same recorder, same setup and this time "onto 4-tracks" of the Tascam 38. 4! For real! :eek: ;)

http://www.soundclick.com/davemania

Last edited:
Yeah, it was a whole production...

of sorts,... on the Tascam 38 w/M30 mixer.

A lot of these (Beatles) songs kinda ride on the harmonies, so this one features thick harmonies,... all me,... so u know why if it sounds a bit unhinged at times!!!

Thanx!

Back