Thread: Give me an ear for a minute; help me get some perspective

Thanks

Give me an ear for a minute; help me get some perspective

Sign in to disable this ad
    I put this mix together and it sounds fine over here an on multiple sources, except for my car, where it sounds a little muddy and depthless. I know, given what I have to work with, that I will not be able to produce tracks that ahve a real feelign of depth to them, but I really want to get the tracks clean and legible. I would really appreciate any feedback you guys could give on this one. Or even just let me know what you think of the song. Thanks again!

Let Go - Hi Fi

Let Go - Lo Fi

Thanks
    Hi Projbalance,
    Good song. I listened at Hi Fi & it sounded pretty good
    The main vocals seem to need a lift.
    The bass sounded fine.
    The Rhythm guitar (L channel) was a little muddy - but that might be what you intended.
    Actually I think the vocal is all that needs work really. Maybe some EQ sculpting, or a enhancer/exciter to see what springs up?
    GOOD song & succinct too. I tend to go on & on with mine & have trouble resolving & end up dissolving.
    IF you have the luxury perhaps attempt to re reord the vox with a diff. mic. There are plenty of excellent references in the microphone section re vocal mic'ing.
    Keep at it. Someone will drop in soon with a real & definitive recco. I just enjoy listening but can't help waffling on.
    Cheers
    rayC

Thanks
    I'm too new to give any constructive recording advice, but I just wanted to say how much I dig the tune. The bridge with the choppy guitar parts are probably my favorite. Nice vocal work, also. Love the background vox. Nice texture. Keep it up.

Thom

Thanks
    the guitars sound nice. very lush. The kick is pretty big too. overall, the mix works for me. the vox could take a more upfront presence though.

I was wishing for a strong wildcard in the song but it did not really come. still not a bad song though and the mix works .
    My mind is made up. Dont confuse me with facts.

The kind of girl I want, wants the kind of guy I'm not.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CyanJaguar
    the guitars sound nice. very lush. The kick is pretty big too. overall, the mix works for me. the vox could take a more upfront presence though.

I was wishing for a strong wildcard in the song but it did not really come. still not a bad song though and the mix works .
    Thanks guys. I wish I had more options for recording, but I'm pretty much in a "1 mic/1 room/no options" kind of studio situation. I keep trying to get the vocals out front more, but I just can't seem to swing it somehow.

Anyway, I was wondering what you meant by "wildcard". I don't think I've heard anyone use that term before. Please explain.

Thread Information