Give it a listen and lemme know what u think....

mrbigputts

Well Im no recording guru as Im sure some of you are. This is really my bands first attempt at multitracking. If you have some useful info that might help me out in my future songwriting and recording endevors I could use some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.
This was recorded on a BOSS BR532 digital recorder. The drums were mixed on a mixer and recorded on 1 track, the guitar and bass were recorded direct using the BR532s onboard amp models.

Honestly ..... the mix needs work. Good tune though. Also, the singer is good.

Some thoughts .... IMHO

1) First, next time you "master" this, roll of the low frequencies (< 75 Hz). This will get rid of the mud.

2) I noted several points where the vocal distorts. Probably a problem when you tracked and you'll have to re-record the vox.

3) I'd personally like to hear everything a little more upfront .... i.e. needs some compression. I LOVE compressed stuff, but a lot of people on this board find it abused. I'm an abuser ........ and lovvving it.

Keep it coming.

BPOCO

The biggest problem I hear is the drums. And believe me when I say, I feel your pain :D Mixing drums down to one track and not being able to tweak them when you're mixing is a pain. My only real complaint about them is the lack of "snap" in the snare sound; sounds a little dull for my taste.

Nice guitar sound. Good vocals. Sorry I can't offer more, I'm just as new at this as you are :)

Definately a nice job for your first try!

travis

You're from Texas? I hear some Detroit rock right here! (Or what used to be Detroit rock anyway - not a whole lot going on here right now). I'd be into hearing some radomly shouted harmony vocals on this.

My criticism would be that it is a little muddy. If I new how to fix that though I wouldn't be telling you - I'd be busy getting the mud out of my own tunes. We'll see how bpoco's tip works.

I hope that the ability to isolate each drum is in your near future. This is a great band sound.

Sounds like some decent playing.

As for the mix - I think it needs some work. I think the guitar is far too prominent, and/or the vocals, drums, and bass are too hidden in the mix. This wasn't mixed by the guitarist, was it? :D

And I concur with the comment about the snare - I think it is too dull (the hi-hat too) - the drums just need more punch, more presence. Some treble boost would be a good start I think.

It has potential, I just think it needs some work :)

As for the arrangement - can I suggest that you make it a little more 'interesting'? At the moment, the guitar is just doing the same kind of thing all the way through (all those power chords, in the same register) - it gets a little monotonous for me. You might try adding some more parts, for a little variation - some higher register stuff - maybe some keyboards? Also, some vocal harmonies?

Keep at it! :)

Hi !

Nice tune, very god vox on this one, I really like the vocals. Maybee the guitar needs less dist.

Rock on

/Jocke

Back