The Girl Had Syphilis

Thanks for giving this a second listen. I'll have to try an increase of a db or two on the main vocal to see if it helps. I think a lot of this may be genre and taste specific. It's also a pretty fundamental problem: getting the vocals to sit right in the mix.

For a long time, I had the tendency to bury vocals due to singing issues. As I got use to my voice and made an effort to improve phrasing and the like, I got more comfortable putting it out front. Unfortunately, I've been mixing a lot on headphones these days while trying to upgrade my room acoustics and monitors. Headphones are great for detailed listening but they often miss when it comes to getting the volume and placement correct. I've tried to check levels against my aging monitors but until the last couple of weeks I haven't had any faith in my room and what the monitors are telling me. As soon as I get a new pair, burn them in, and listen to some reference material, I'm hoping that this will clear up. At least that's the plan :D

Back