Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gidge Cover Song.

Thanks

Gidge Cover Song.

Sign in to disable this ad
    lol...ok so i covered this song "in his eyes" by gidge ...now i had a total computer meltdown in the middle of it...so i had to cobble a few parts together...and there are a couple of "pitchiness" issues in some spots but other than that......

heres mine:http://www.nowhereradio.com/mynewhead/singles

heres his.http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/...d=1959&alid=-1

now on to the next one....heheheh

jamal

Thanks

Thumbs up

You even sound like Gidge singing (kinda)

Clean mix, a little "pan heavy" for me on instruments.
    Gidge will get a kick out of this.

Another nice job Jamal

Joel

Thanks
    Man, you're like some kind of speed-recording freak. I KNOW your computer was broken thru at least last night...then you had to work, and yet, posted a tune. That gives you exactly your LUNCH HOUR to have recorded this. Pretty cool...and AMAZINGLY fast.

Yeah, I remember this one...there's the Jim Beam line. Cool song.

Hey Jamal, your guitar tones have gotten about 1000 times better....until this song. WTF? Seriously, it's bigger than the difference between mic'ing or not mic'ing an amp...something sounds... Well, you know that area below your back...right above your legs? that's how these guits sound to me, lol.

All kidding aside, the guitars sound like shit, but I like this a lot. Kudos to both of you.

Thanks

Cool

All kidding aside, I must say that it is an honor to have you cover one of my songs Jamal.....ive been kinda anxious since i found out at 1:00 this morning you were covering me.....

with that said, I like the direction you took it.....my demo was nowhere near the sound i was after and you actually came really close to what i was after....

the drum sounds definitely worked....no problems there.....the clean guitar is definitely good....the distorted part was definitely too roomy......i wouldnt say they sound like ass (because Chris already did )....i wouldnt have panned it so far out....it balances the other guitar during the vocal parts, but when it solos, it definitely should be centered.....the vocal just rocks as do the harmonies......if i sounded 1/10 that good and Chris had a feather up his ass, we'd both be tickled

in summary, Jamal you rock.....

MIKE

Thanks
    rock on jamal. that was mighty tasty even though there were no hurrahs or opposites in it. I really dug this tune when gidge-mo posted it the first time around. Your production really does the tune justice. Way to go J and way to go G!
    *My Karma ran over my Dogma!*

In a world full of chimpanzees I was a monkey
    Thanks
    Hey Jamal,
    Im listening on the puter here at work, so an acurate mix critique aint coming from me. ....Actually, the guits dont sound "that" bad here. Maybe you used comp speakers for monitoring? The pitchiness you mentioned is glaring at me though Your tone and voice sound great... just sounds like you rushed your tracking a bit. You already know that though...so i'll shut up. Im gonna go and re-listen to gidges original.........

Cool cover man.
    g

Thanks
    jcm:...thanks man ..yeah the panning could of been a little less TOTALLY SCREWED UP....lmao...

chris:...lmao...yeah im all about the "direct into"...followed closely by"preset bank"....hahahaha....my amp is loaned out at the moment..not that i could have gotten a good sound with an amp either....

gidge:...fuck i feel bad about having to rush through this... but my computer was down until yesterday about 5:00 pm...so i had to fucking hustle and it SHOWS....but i wanted to get this posted i mean thats the fun part right???....lol...you dont care about the reverb setting on the second guitar in the bridge as much as just wanting to hear what its gonna sound like right???..so i had to the bulk of it AFTER the baby fell asleep and at that point i cant listen to anything loud anymore.....fuck..ill work on this some more and just pm you with it when im done....

guernica:....what?!?!?!?!....NO 5STARS..?!?!?..you sonofa bit...oh wait ..yeah that vocal.....ouch ....lol.......rushed hell i was out of breath...lol....but i like this song alot...wish i had more time ..*sigh*......thanks brother..!

Thanks
    This is so cool. Nice job.

Joe

Thanks

Thumbs up

This is such a kool song Gidge*****! Jamal this is a kick ass job you did here..you did this today? Shit I gotta go listen to the original...I really like this song.

Thanks
    wow, i listened to them both, and it is a great song Gidge!! I do like what you did with it Jamal, dude! Can you do no wrong? I tend to like your version best. The panning is a little extreme, i've learned from you and others to keep that toned down. The guitars sound good to me.....I like the drums. You guys do sound alike kind of...a fine job!!
    Jason

Thread Information