Ghosts

That was strange. I guess you had a different thread up for this but deleted it just as I was trying to respond to it.
Good tune for sure. The drums are the only thing that bothers me. I keep expecting them to break into a ride, especially after one of the fills but they never do, ya know what I mean? That aside, it sounds pretty good.:cool:

Thanks, Rat. Actually, the "drums" are MIDI, and I really didn't pay much attention to them! I will in the future.

Bob

Ye same here with the thread ... here is the better link...
http://www.nowhereradio.com/burkebradford/singles

reminds me somewhat of Dire Straits, very cool, not as elaborate on guitar but still...

same on drums, it could go ether way I guess but some nice wailing lead would be cool.

there is some kind of fluite type thing way-way back it was cool but it didn't seem to know what to play... :)

good stuff BB

BB,

First impression - this song reminded me of something that would be playing in the background of a montage on Miami Vice. It would end with Crockett on his boat looking out over the water with the sun setting.

I won't comment too much on the drums since they were MIDI. The only thing I could have really done without are the single tamborine hits in the beginning.

The sound quality was great, and I thought the guitar character was perfect for the style of song.

I don't have ears to comment on anything else. I liked it alot for a soundtrack, mood type of song, but it's not really the style of music I would throw into my CD player.

Good stuff
Pete

Good sound quality for first mp3. I dug the Bob Welch-type guitar, and singing was very cool, much texture to the vocal.
I also kept waiting for drums to break into a steady beat.
To be honest, didn't care that much for the synth pad, needed more variety to me.
Ghosts in the rain is a cool image, I like the lyric.
Keep 'em coming, good job.

Mark

Nice job for your first mp3,real clean and big!

The guitar has a real cool haunting sound to it,and your voice is superb!
Reminds me of "Ghost Riders On The Storm".

I agree,needs a lead guitar part somewhere.
Would really polish it up.
Some simple chord melody would do it.

Really enjoyed it.

Best to you,
Pete

If you just started using midi drums, it's easy to forget their importance, especially if you're not a drummer...believe me. I made the same mistake.

I like this song a lot! The mood and tone actually remind me of a song by Tom Waits off Bone Machine called "Black Wings." Check it out on WinMX or Kazaa or whatever file sharing proggy you got.

Apart from the canned sound of the drums, the levels sound pretty good to me. And I'd say you achieved a very good mood with this. I like it.

Nice song, levels and mix.

The snare fills are interesting...they add a dynamic,....but I can't help feeling that some of the other instruments could contribute here also. For example the backing guitar solo maintains the same tone and level of intensity....its nice, but it could do alot more for the dynamics.

/DMM

yeah... don't get WATYF started on your drum fills :D Actually, they're creative, and go a bit against the flow. I'm getting a Johnny Cash vibe, is anyone else? :) I like the airy spaciousness provided by the synth bed -- the one sounding a bit like a harpsichord/piano. Feels a bit like ye olde Pinke Floyde too. Really like the composition and arrangement. Creative lyrics. Like the old tymey western flavor mixed with the psychedelia.

Did you know the level dips briefly at 2:38? (Guess that's just a glitch I should have ignored :p) The track level's a bit low -- but that's no biggie. Mix is fairly good. 'Verb on just about everything -- makes a dreamlike track. thought I heard some distortion at 1:00 (could be the speakers). In a better room, I could do better than the above comments. Nice track :cool:

Chad

OK, Here is my take:

Good tune, good vocals.
The background is Karoake.
You need a Violin Player.

I need to be held. I need to be loved. Hold me, love me. I need tenderness. I need sweet kisses. I need to be respected as a man, not just a violinist. I need sweet Monkey Love. I need...

Oh Hell, I have already done the violin part:mad: I can either post it directly on your nowhereradio site ( I will need a password, not bosco) or I can send it via email, but I am not sure how big of a file I can send via AOL. Sounds pretty cool with a violin!!

Thanks to you all for listening and taking the time to comment! I agree with all the criticisms, and will definitely take them to heart. Especially tweaking the drum parts. I've only got four tracks, so I have to plan better. It was very scary to post that - I've always been a performing songwriter, and somehow it's easier in front of an audience. There are a lot of folks I respect on this board, and I didn't want to bomb.
Duke's Dentures - funny you should say Miami Vice - but you forgot Crockett's best friend, Elvis!

Maestro - I am honored! A violin track? Excellent! I can't wait to hear it. Please try the E-mail, if that doesn't work we'll go via Waldo.

Thanks guys.

Bob

Hey Buffalo Bob,
This is a very nice song. My primary complaints have already been covered. The drums and the synth sound a bit like a casio patch.... not too crazy about those. The vocals are very nice. ...as is the guit. tone. Haunting, and surreal. I really dug that aspect. Nice song BB..... looking forward to more.:)

g

At first I thought there was too much reverb all around. Then I decided that with the mood you're creating, it's probably the right amount.

Much like the drum part, I was hoping the vocals would break out into a loud creshendo but they didn't. A few of the lines have been "well used" in the past.

But an overall good sound.

Thanks, Eyes. DavidK is putting some fine violin on this one as well. After I redo the vocal it will sound a bit better.

ghost's

perfect name for this tune!! very eerie and haunting vibe. i can't think of who this remind's me of?? twin peak's sound track??? damn!!! oh well:p

very moody, i liked it!!

thank's man

peace

rick

Back