Ghost - dense Pink Floyd-type mix

mjbphotos

I haven't posted in this section of the forum in ages, most of my mixes have been fairly easy ones, but when I get to a mix with a lot of tracks (this one has 40 including FX buses), I start doubting my ears. I've been doing little tweaks to this for 2 weeks, but some fresh ears would be nice.

View attachment Ghost mp3 9-15-2020.mp3

Sounds nice, the nylon string is a nice touch. The chord change once the singing gets going is a nice surprise. Mix wise, very listenable and well balanced, seems like i wanted to hear more of everything! I think some more guitars wouldn't hurt, the sounds and the playing are great the vocals could come up a bit as well. With the sound-scapey open the vocals came off as kind of dry and separated from the music imo, i would have tried some kind of reverb and/or subtle delay to give some depth and sense of space. Overall an enjoyable listen, on my 3rd time through and it gets better each time. The opening drum fill sounded awkward to me, a few drums things i might try to fix.

Sounds nice, the nylon string is a nice touch. The chord change once the singing gets going is a nice surprise. Mix wise, very listenable and well balanced, seems like i wanted to hear more of everything! I think some more guitars wouldn't hurt, the sounds and the playing are great the vocals could come up a bit as well. With the sound-scapey open the vocals came off as kind of dry and separated from the music imo, i would have tried some kind of reverb and/or subtle delay to give some depth and sense of space. Overall an enjoyable listen, on my 3rd time through and it gets better each time. The opening drum fill sounded awkward to me, a few drums things i might try to fix.

Thanks for the listens and comments. There is reverb on the vocals, but I suspect it gets buried in the mix (there is a delay on the outro lead vocal, too). Yeah, I'm no drummer, fills are always tough for me!

Back