get off your phone and drive!!

OK...
I have taken the comments into consideration and done a remix.
Here is what I did:
Turned the lead guitar up just a hair, on the first ride that kicks off the song.
turned up and eq'd the rythym guitars while trying not to bury anything else.
Worked on the snare drum sound to give it a little more crack and a little less flabbiness.
Worked on the kick drum to try and get a tighter sound on it because it was too mushy and was bugging me.
and finally I turned down the spoken vocal at the end of the song and faded the end of all the tracks to have a more natural decay and the end of the song

Hopefully I didn't screw things up too badly and actually improved the mix!

Let me know what you think guys.

new mix:
get off your phone and drive! remix by jimistone | Free Listening on SoundCloud

So many nice riffs and licks in this song, almost don't care about the mix, just want to listen to your guitar playing.

Listened to latest remix only. Bass and kick locked in tight and balanced well. No problems with the snare. Sounds good to me. I'm not really hearing anything standing out, got no real suggestions. Sounds great. Might want to give it a listen at low volume level just to be sure.

So many nice riffs and licks in this song, almost don't care about the mix, just want to listen to your guitar playing.

Listened to latest remix only. Bass and kick locked in tight and balanced well. No problems with the snare. Sounds good to me. I'm not really hearing anything standing out, got no real suggestions. Sounds great. Might want to give it a listen at low volume level just to be sure.

Thanks for the kind words Chili. I really appreciate you giving it a listen!

Thanks for the kind words Chili. I really appreciate you giving it a listen!

Yeah man. There was some really great playing in there. Reading through some of the comments after I posted, somebody mentioned Johnny Winter and that sums it up perfectly.

:)

Wow great vocal performance. I had a listen to this a couple of weeks back and didn't get around to commenting. This seems tighter than I remember it. The drumming doesn't sound like a weak link at all - there's no weak link in this. Nice clear mix while retaining the raw blues vibe. Good job

Wow great vocal performance. I had a listen to this a couple of weeks back and didn't get around to commenting. This seems tighter than I remember it. The drumming doesn't sound like a weak link at all - there's no weak link in this. Nice clear mix while retaining the raw blues vibe. Good job

Thanks bro.
I'm waiting for you to upload something. Love your tunes!

Really dig this one from you Jimi.....you haven't really posted anything I didn't like. I am really jealous of your blues voice more than anything. I like the feel. I didn't really catch any of the timing issues, so if they are there, they don't don't stick out too bad. The tune jams and at the end of the day, its all that matters.

i dig this tune
kinda has a 'isabella' vibe to it.
dig the guitar work, of course, and it has a nice edge to it, without being too overdriven

it's loose, this jam, but sounds right in all the important ways.

Really dig this one from you Jimi.....you haven't really posted anything I didn't like. I am really jealous of your blues voice more than anything. I like the feel. I didn't really catch any of the timing issues, so if they are there, they don't don't stick out too bad. The tune jams and at the end of the day, its all that matters.

Thanks Bruthish.
I appreciate you giving it a listen!

i dig this tune
kinda has a 'isabella' vibe to it.
dig the guitar work, of course, and it has a nice edge to it, without being too overdriven

it's loose, this jam, but sounds right in all the important ways.

I appreciate your review.
Thanks Gonzo!

I know I'm late to the party, but I just had to jump in and say I really enjoyed this! Reminds me of the late great Jeff Healey.

thanks strat1958.
Sorry I took so long to respond. I have been restoring an old truck and haven't checked in here in a while.
I actually thought this thread had died.

thanks strat1958.
Sorry I took so long to respond. I have been restoring an old truck and haven't checked in here in a while.
I actually thought this thread had died.

Completely off topic, but I restored a '58 Chevy Fleetside about 20 years ago. Wish I still had that old beauty!

Completely off topic, but I restored a '58 Chevy Fleetside about 20 years ago. Wish I still had that old beauty!

yeah, that would be a treasure to still have. i restored a '69 mach 1 mustang, a 73 mach 1, and a harley davidson sportster. Its bee a while since I did a project though.
This go around im working on a 1982 gmc sierra classic short wheel base pickup. Those 73 to 87 era of chevy and gmc pickups are becoming desireable. The prices are going up but its not common knowledge like '50's and 60's stuff is. So, you can still find them pretty cheap.
I got my project truck for $500.

Kick. Ass. Guitar. Work. Great blues chops, man. Some of those bends, damn. Gimme chills. Plus, you've got that enviable rocking blues voice I'd kill to have. Nice work. Love it. The only thing I don't hear is a funny and clever lyrical hook. An "In ninety-nine and one-half days" kind of moment. But the playing and vox are so spot on that it isn't really critical, anyway.

Back