Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: General mix comments please

Thanks

General mix comments please

Sign in to disable this ad
    I'd like to get some general mix comments on Little Things Please leave out the performance related issues because the guys are young and there are obvious mistakes. I think this is the first time they were in a studio setting, (if that's what you can call my garage ) so they had some issues. There was major editing to resolve timing problems but I got it close. By the way, I couln't have done this without this place. Thanks guys

Forgot to tell ya, the guit leads are still missing
    Last edited by HangDawg; 11-25-2002 at 13:22.

SELECT W.People
    FROM tbl_world W
    WHERE W.Clue = TRUE

NO RECORDS RETURNED

Thanks

Thumbs up

I'm batting 1000 tonight. The last bunch of tunes I've listened to have been exceptional. No exception here. Tell me this is an original tune. It kicks ass at any rate. I like it all the way around, performance and recording. Mikey likes it.

Thanks
    Yes, original it is. I think I'm slowly getting the hang of recording. Like I said, thanks to y'all.

SELECT W.People
    FROM tbl_world W
    WHERE W.Clue = TRUE

NO RECORDS RETURNED

Thanks
    i can't wait to hear this come along! excellent song. A+ i love it!

the other stuff i heard from you was a lot of really good guitar playing but i didn't really hear you write anything with a melody yet....and holy shit, this is a good song.

drums sound awsome. do tell the secret. mics and all.

i want the vocal more up front. and i really want to hear a b3! i almost thought i heard it a couple of times.

nice bass tone too!

please post the version with the git solos. and turn up the vocal a tad.

thanks. just listened for the fifth time! great song.

Thanks
    Thanks Rat and erichenryus

The drums, believe it or not are and old beat up set of Maxwin by pearl. New heads, tuned as best as possible being the condition they are in is the first step

SM57 on snare
    Audix F12 on kick
    Audix F10 on toms
    2 Audix F15 for overheads. ( I have the fusion 6 mic set)

Everthing flat for tracking
    A little comp on kick and snare at mix

Ya know, I can almost hear the B3 in there as well even though there isn't one That's a guitar with a little chorus and a lot of compression. I was thinking of adding the B3 though, so it's kinda funny you said that.

SELECT W.People
    FROM tbl_world W
    WHERE W.Clue = TRUE

NO RECORDS RETURNED

Thanks
    yeah.... this song is really cool! It gives me the feeling of kickin it at a BBQ drinking tons of beer and just kinda feeling good. Not so much the words.... but the feel of the music.

The only gripe I have is that the snare sounds a little burried. It's a great snare sound.... I'd bring it up a little. The bottom end is a little boomy for my taste but that could be just my speakers. Great job over all!!

RF

Thanks

Thumbs up

Nice drum sound! I love the kick and bass.

How did you record the bass?

Good job!
    Cary

Thanks
    Originally posted by rushfan33
    The bottom end is a little boomy for my taste but that could be just my speakers. Great job over all!!
    First and foremost, the song's very cool. The melody is just timeless...Kind of reminds me of something the Black Crowes might tackle. It's also got something that's been missing in some of your other tunes...(besides vocals) which is a definable chorus. Good job.

Here's a comment I haven't made in about 3 months. It's got too much low end. I think rolling off the low low low lows would clear it up. Hard to describe for me, I mean it has definition and seperation between/among the instruments, but it just sound like it's muddy and really hyped below about 200Hz. Have you listened to this in your car/truck/RV/snowmobile? If and when you do, you might try listening to it the way you listen to other tunes...i.e., crank the bass and the highs. I think you'll hear what I'm talking about.

Thanks
    Originally posted by chrisharris

Here's a comment I haven't made in about 3 months. It's got too much low end. I think rolling off the low low low lows would clear it up. Hard to describe for me, I mean it has definition and seperation between/among the instruments, but it just sound like it's muddy and really hyped below about 200Hz. Have you listened to this in your car/truck/RV/snowmobile? If and when you do, you might try listening to it the way you listen to other tunes...i.e., crank the bass and the highs. I think you'll hear what I'm talking about.
    WoW! First 5 seconds on hearing the drums and bass come in and I was thinking the exact same thing. There's no frequency seperation between the kick and bass guitar. It's a muddied jumble. The rest of the recording is pretty clean. Could use more rhythm/acoustic, it's hard to make it out.

Could be a preference though, some have already replied they liked the bass sound, but on my rather decent Sony home system with sub it sounds muddy.
    The Boogeymen
    www.the-boogeymen.com

Thanks
    Originally posted by caryindy
    Nice drum sound! I love the kick and bass.

How did you record the bass?

Good job!
    Now I'm scratching my head???
    Cary

Thread Information