funky and heavy, a short fun instrumental.....

I like it, I like it. You really got me tapping at the 1:44 mark. Reminds me a bit of old Dixie Dregs.

Funky bass, great harmony guitar.

If you can edit the waveforms on a PC, I suggest silencing the guitar clicks at the 27 sec mark.

Well done.

performance wise...it is a good track........as for the recording....it was VERY muddy sounding......i used the real audio stream, so it is quite possible that the stream makes it sound worse than it really is, but on the stream it sounds really muddy........maybe it's just the encoding process..........nice guitar playing, though

WOW POWDERFINGER, YOU'RE RIGHT, IT'S SOUNDS LIKE SHIT ON THE REAL PLAYER.......

i'm just apalled........

you know, i just take it for granted that people download the mp3's and play them on their player of choice.... so i've never, ever done the streaming of either the default windows media player (my default) or the real player media.......

both sound like shit to me........

i download, then play through musicmatch jukebox......

trust me, the original doesn't sound anything like that....

i don't know what you have to do to get the players set to play right, but i just a/b'd the jukebox with the windows player and the real player, and there's just no comparison on my system...

either way, thanks for listening......

homestudio1-
i sure like the dregs, though i think my stuff is much cruder and ruder, not necessarily because i want it that way!

this is an analog recording, sampled onto hardrive then somewhat mastered....
i've played with the idea of re-doing it, for some new sonic clarity.....

I dig it gonzo....nice transition into the funky section.....cool guitar playing.....the mixing could use some help.....needs a lot of eq'ing....maybe someone with some smarts in that area will come along and help you out.

Cool piece of music.

Thumbs up dude.

Wow!

I live in Layton, do you guys play out, and if so, where?

HELLO LAYTON!

phil-
ha, do we play out?
it's just me, i'd have to have a little casio keyboard doing the drum and bass parts.......
all these parts are recorded one at the time.... just lots of dubbing...

Kramer-
thanks for the listen-yeah, it's an older tascam recording, dubbed off of a dub, off of a dub..... etc, etc, ad naseum.....

my newer stuff, done digitally, is a world away from the sound, so you're right, basically, i just need to re-record the whole thing...
but i wanted to get the idea across, just to see if it was worth re-doing.........

barometer-
i appreciate you listening... glad you liked the drive of the rhythm, that one was fun to do.... the whole thing probably took 5-6 hours....to come up with the bass part, then the rhythms, program the drums, get the solo stuff down, and put in the handclaps and stuff..... the handclaps were live, so when you've only got 8 tracks to work with, a lot of stuff gets bounced.

thanks again!

Hey Gonzo,
Great playing. Solid jam. I especially dig the groove at 1:45 and on.... sounds like fun!!!!

g

my guitar playing = suck

your guitar playing = great

the mix sounds pretty squashed to me though, but the playing makes me sick... :)

I've got to go with everyone else. The playing's great, the mix is mushy sounding. For me the song really came to life at that last bit around 1:45, man....that's ...happening big time! Very funky and cool....I want to hear more of that, the front part's ok but that groove at the end reminds me a lot of Trapeze, one of the truly underrated bands. I like this tune!

nice groove at the end. kinda had that cassette sound to it....hissy and dull.. the playing was good.

HEY, i really appreciate you guys taking the time to review....

GUERNICA-
oh, you mean the groove where the funk starts..... ha, yeah, that's kind of a left over from my club days..... i always did dig little butt-shakin' grooves like that, but for me, a whole song of it kinda gets on my nerve.... but it's fun to play for a little while....

b. sabbath-
youz a funny guy.....
you playing doesn't suck by a long mile......
yeah, the mix is old, it's all i had left, a third generation to a cassette, from a cassette 8 track..... but it's enough to give the idea of the performance..... the arrangement, all that shit.....
don't be sick. be chic.
;)

lt. bob. -
i always want to salute when you come around ! :)
yeah, the mix is mushy as day old oatmeal........ wait, that's pretty solid..... this isn't.....
trapeze, i vaguely remember that band, may have even had the vinyl back in the day....
so, if i re-did this one, how would you suggest handling re-programming the drum groove? basically the same thing, or go with something with more swing, or make it more progressive...... rock sounds, or funk kits?

mixmkr-
you nailed that cassette sound..... i tried to doll it up a bit once i got it on the hardrive, but it was just grainy to begin with....
thanks for checking it out.....

sheppard-
ok, you've convinced me....... i'll re do it, and i guess the hard part will be re-doing the drums to give it a more up to date sound......

Back