Friend - Mixed in a studio

Thanks! This was done in a local recording studio. Can't say much about the gear I'm afraid as I was too busy performing.

It sounds great as it should if done in a commercial studio. The only improvement I could suggest...and this is nitpicking...is the bass guitar sounds kind of flabby and not tight and well defined in the beginning of the song. When everything kicks in it blends well though.
The song, vocal performance, musicianship, and arrangement are top notch. Good job

It sounds great as it should if done in a commercial studio. The only improvement I could suggest...and this is nitpicking...is the bass guitar sounds kind of flabby and not tight and well defined in the beginning of the song. When everything kicks in it blends well though.
The song, vocal performance, musicianship, and arrangement are top notch. Good job

That's kind of you. Thanks! Would you guys think this one deserves to be played on the radio or something, I'm not thinking global but at least on a local station, in a town or perhaps in norway?

I smell spam but it smells good.

I can definitely hear this on my local public radio station as I drive home. It has everything I like in road music. I have no clue how you get there. I guess just keep promoting it.

So what's the story? Who's the producer? Musicians? Need the inside scoop.

I smell spam but it smells good.

I can definitely hear this on my local public radio station as I drive home. It has everything I like in road music. I have no clue how you get there. I guess just keep promoting it.

So what's the story? Who's the producer? Musicians? Need the inside scoop.

Thank you for the answer. Yeah, what I could do is push the radiostations, spam them with mails or give them a call. At least that's what the producer said I almost certaintly had to do.

The producer is Fred Endresen. I'm Peter Jakobsen, the vocalist and guitarist. Besides a drummer we played all the instruments.. I won a local contest with this song, that's how I ended up in studio. The lyrics, melody etc is kinda produced out of personal experience. Ups and downs etc.

Friend by Peter Jakobsen

If you'd like to check out my profile or support me further.

its really good. i like your vocals. i like how you accent the english language, its unnatural but nice. i dont know if its just too late and my ears are shot but i feel like i would have liked a little more low end in the bass guitar. thats my only thought. seems theres a bit of low end on kick drum (under 100Hz) but not much bass guitar around there. might make it sound a little warmer. its only a tiny gripe though, the rest of the track is really well thought out. i like the little intro bit and those little interesting production artifacts, like vocal delays and reverb and stuff like that.

its really good. i like your vocals. i like how you accent the english language, its unnatural but nice. i dont know if its just too late and my ears are shot but i feel like i would have liked a little more low end in the bass guitar. thats my only thought. seems theres a bit of low end on kick drum (under 100Hz) but not much bass guitar around there. might make it sound a little warmer. its only a tiny gripe though, the rest of the track is really well thought out. i like the little intro bit and those little interesting production artifacts, like vocal delays and reverb and stuff like that.

Thanks a bunch!

Funny you should say. I would be using more english accent if the producer hadn't stopped me.. On words like laughing for instance.

I guess there isn't much that will be changed, as the recording is allready set and done, and I wont put another cent in it. It cost 15000 norwegian kroner. Thats 2640 USD. I paid just one third of it, but in my opinion that's enough money for one song.

Its good though to get some positiv feedback so I know the money wasn't/weren't wasted.

Back