FOUR TRACKS need review!

calmlikeabom

http://blackoutband.com

there are 4 links posted there, please take a listen and tell me what u think,

thanks alot!

only problem i am having is at the intor of "Note To Self" the guitar has a low rumble that makes speakers kinda fart lol also does this at a later portion of the song. any ideas as to what i could do to get rid of that

Last edited:
Well, my speakers didn't "fart" but there is a lot of low-end in these recordings (way too much, in my opinion). "Fallen Sky" seemed to have something that was either a pipe, a synth, a voice, or a guitar with effects, but I couldn't tell because it was buried too deep in the mix until halfway through the song when there was just that sound and the drums.

The musicianship was pretty good, but the recordings could be much improved. They were lacking in any brightness at all on the highs. Overall, everything was kind of "mashed together" sound wise. What did you record these on? Are you using bunches of effects?

thanks for the complement i think? hehe well im 18 and my drummer and my guitarist are 19 weve been doin this since sophmore year in highschool, we are in north dallas and are in desprate need of a great singer!

calmlikeabom said:
thanks for the complement i think? hehe well im 18 and my drummer and my guitarist are 19 weve been doin this since sophmore year in highschool, we are in north dallas and are in desprate need of a great singer!
LOL well thats kind of what I figured. But I stand by my original thought, great 'fuck you " feel to the song, and at 18 isn't that all there is??BTW I'm 52 and not dead yet.

sweet, well i updated all the files with the new mied versions with more high and mids. let me know how it is now thansk for the help guys!

calmlikeabom said:
sweet, well i updated all the files with the new mied versions with more high and mids. let me know how it is now thansk for the help guys!

try the mp3 forum..btw, i doubt anyone is gonna bother with your updated mixes each time you make a volume adjustment on one track....

Al

Fallen Sky--I like the guitar sound. Bass drum is a little boomy. Everything's relatively tight. Your drummer might want to calm down a bit, though. :-) I think he's trying to throw a little too much in there in spots. Hey, I know Slipknot and Tool can do it, but they're gods. Not that he's bad at all. In fact, he kicks ass, but it gets a little messy in spots.

Nice cymbal work and toms in the "interlude." Pretty good guitar overall. Can't really hear much bass guitar.

Excellent song, and mixed pretty well. Needs a bit of bass guitar though. You guys rock! Get a singer! See if Maynard or Corey are available. They don't have enough bands yet.

I listened to "Simple" as well. Pretty much the same comments apply. The drums are more in control though. That splash cymbal is a little bright.

The singer is going to make or break your band, dude. :-) Good luck, and keep playing. I love it!

Piltdown Man

thanks for the comments! i talked to corey after a stone sour show but i didint have any good recordings at the time :( lol maybe next time, who knows maybee phill from pantera/100 other bands will wanna do somethin hehe and i think im gonna re record my bass line and re EQ it. thanks for all the help guys! anything else? il post the other 10 songs when we get em all recorded, hopefully by monday of next week

All the brutality is there, but you're precision cutting tools are missing. :)

There's very little in the way of highs (or mids) which isn't necessarily bad. Nice touch with the bass drops. I can't suggest any changes right now, my mind isn't right for it right now. I will say that I like the music a lot, and I hope you find the vocalist you want soon.

hey guys, this is Collin [drums], and i just wanted to say thank you to all of you for all the honest and genuine comments you've given us..they really help alot. thanks for taking the time to listen to our stuff, and to those who like it, im really glad you do! hopefully we'll have more songs up soon!

thanks again,
Collin

Back