Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FOUR TRACKS need review!

Thanks

Lightbulb FOUR TRACKS need review!

Sign in to disable this ad
    http://blackoutband.com

there are 4 links posted there, please take a listen and tell me what u think,

thanks alot!

only problem i am having is at the intor of "Note To Self" the guitar has a low rumble that makes speakers kinda fart lol also does this at a later portion of the song. any ideas as to what i could do to get rid of that
    Last edited by calmlikeabom; 10-19-2003 at 12:40.

Thanks
    Well, my speakers didn't "fart" but there is a lot of low-end in these recordings (way too much, in my opinion). "Fallen Sky" seemed to have something that was either a pipe, a synth, a voice, or a guitar with effects, but I couldn't tell because it was buried too deep in the mix until halfway through the song when there was just that sound and the drums.

The musicianship was pretty good, but the recordings could be much improved. They were lacking in any brightness at all on the highs. Overall, everything was kind of "mashed together" sound wise. What did you record these on? Are you using bunches of effects?

Thanks
    recorded wiht all shure mics, 57s and a condensor on drums same on the marshall JCM 2000 DSL stack, bass was lined in and i used a phaser on that part that you heard. any ideas on what i should do?

Thanks
    alright i took your advice and opened it up a bit and upped the volume on that bass line,

does this sound better?

http://www.blackoutband.com/fallensky2.mp3

Thanks
    I have no idea how old you are or if you know what you're doing but I liked the "Fuck You" feel to the song. Thanks for the post.

Thanks
    thanks for the complement i think? hehe well im 18 and my drummer and my guitarist are 19 weve been doin this since sophmore year in highschool, we are in north dallas and are in desprate need of a great singer!

Thanks
    Originally posted by calmlikeabom
    thanks for the complement i think? hehe well im 18 and my drummer and my guitarist are 19 weve been doin this since sophmore year in highschool, we are in north dallas and are in desprate need of a great singer!
    LOL well thats kind of what I figured. But I stand by my original thought, great 'fuck you " feel to the song, and at 18 isn't that all there is??BTW I'm 52 and not dead yet.

Thanks
    sweet, well i updated all the files with the new mied versions with more high and mids. let me know how it is now thansk for the help guys!

Thanks
    Originally posted by calmlikeabom
    sweet, well i updated all the files with the new mied versions with more high and mids. let me know how it is now thansk for the help guys!
    try the mp3 forum..btw, i doubt anyone is gonna bother with your updated mixes each time you make a volume adjustment on one track....

Al

Thanks
    what do u mean?

Thread Information