Found one of my OLD recordings! LAUGH!

scottboyher

I found one of my old recordings from the lesser knowledge days. As you will hear there is an awesome drum machine :rolleyes: and the song is UNBELIEVABLEY over processed.. I don't really know what was going on in my life at this time but it is kind of mean...

Anyway it is called "Misunderstanding". It should be good for a laugh!

Misunderstanding

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2108&alid=-1

I am moving and all my stuff is in pieces so this is all I have to offer for awhile so enjoy and you can't hurt my feelings. :D

(whoa, accidentally edited then unedited by sm2k 6/19/03 - sorry bout that!!!!)

Last edited:
This sucks big time :D You asked for it :)

Naw, I kinda like the change from the awful sound of the electric guitars at the beginning, but should be archived as an early crappy song and never speak of it again...

we all have those :)

Yeah, like shackrock said..............man you wanna laugh? I found some 1/2" grand master tapes of mine from the 70's! Uh, do they still make those machines? I'd kinda like to hear that stuff...but for the life of me I can't figure out why.

bd

Thanks guys! It is kinda funny.. I found some older recordings of me and some friends when we were in college and there was some GREAT writing in these songs. Now that I have the technology to make usable recording... No one will get together anymore..

I love going over our old recordings with a few beers.. Makes me feel reeeeeeeeeaaaaalll old.

there were some good moments in that song! I like hearing older stuff like this.. cool break @1:00.. 'video killed the radio star' type vocals.. some of the vocs are very good imop.. If it wasn't for that guitar sound this recording wouldn't be bad at all..

?? This is pretty cool. When I listen to my old stuff I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Catchy as hell, crap, this beats all of my mixes, what are you being so humble about? I was expecting to hear some REAL CRAP to help me not feel so bad about my own humble origins. This was fun to listen to.

I still like the old music because of the feel and sound.Of couse it is outdated .We are not there anymore.But now we know that you were.Im gona save it for my collection.Now you know.

There's nothing wrong with this at all. I'm impressed. Real good pop tune. I hear everything from Bowie to Beatles in there. The drum machine actually seems to fit here (who'd a thunk THAT). I like this a lot.

This is real good, lots of echo but it adds to the whole thing and makes it unique. definitely the style dates it, which is cool.
Kind of a beatles meet david bowie at a styx party:D

Peace
Bill

chrisharris said:
I'd take just about ANY of the vocal sounds today.

Man, if it had more ass, and less fuzz on that "what the fuck were you thinking" guitar tone, I'd hate you.

Very cool tune.

I originally posted that in somebody else's thread, lol. It was meant for this one.

*ka-da-bump*

Hey...
I like it. The distorted guitar tone IS interesting but hey, we are always looking for a different sound. I didnt expect it to sound this good by the way you were talking. My stuff doesnt sound this good now and I have been at it about 10 years.

Move over Rover, let Jesus take over...
Mike

Back