folk?

acidwashed

do i have something worth listening to?

electronic in nature..

http://folktheworld.net/folk

just trying to feel out where something like this would fit in with what's out there now. the second half of the album will be up in a couple of weeks. the final mixing and mastering are currently taking place as well.

thanks.

It sounds like one big experiment. Writing that way brings out original things, but doesn't keep me listening because there are no hooks and there seem to be no "end goals" to the songs.

Try working on telling something with every song, with a clear beginning, middle and end.

thanks for the input! i tend to write pretty concise songs for my band but in this collab, we are trying to retain pop sensibities while keeping the listener entertained with melodic trickery. the words came with the music though, and allowed for/helped along the less straight forward approach. i'll admit that it's hit or miss but it's fun to write outside of my typical vein.

do you listen to experimental type music often Halion?

we were ultimatetly trying to tie together deerhoof's ability to make sharp turns, the unicors ability to sugar coat it, and with e6 pop sensibilities..

we're nowhere near the destination but i certainly feel like we're making progress.

I tried to get into it but it really isn't my genre of music the only one i liked was "float away" so i can't comment on quality because i'm not familiar.

I do, and even though you have alot less limitations instrumental-wise, you still need excitement, and build-up to a sertain climax (I don't think there's any good music that doesn't have that), and that's what I'm missing.

how do you guys think that the instruments sit in the mix for this type of stuff? i've been eq'ing the vocals a little but haven't posted the new tracks.
thanks!

Back