First time out of the gate

Status
Not open for further replies.

SixStringBlues

Hey guys, I am new here. I have been reading your posts for awhile and I am finally posting my first recording with Cool Edit 2. Would appreciate any feedback about recording or mixing of the song. Dont really care about the song itself. I just started with a drum loop and went from there. I wouldnt even know what to call the song. It pretty much sounds eighties or something. Please pardon the repeating loop. I really am only concerned with the technical aspects of the recording. I have it at Nowhereradio.com

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1909&alid=-1

I dont know if I am supposed to give you a link this way or not.

Let me know what you think. From reading the posts I know that you guys will be straight up.

Thanks for your time.

Cant get it....it wont stream and the download is set to members only....set the access on it for all the streams so we can get to it.

Not bad man...............drums sound pretty good but a little bit "hollow" sounding. Bass is solid.....the guitar sounds are nice too. I really like the dbled guitar line....that's cool.......this is a nice first effort.

The drum loop is nice. Good choice. Nice playing, good movement at first but it loops a few too many for me. The guitar that comes in at 1:00 should change by 1:21 to the next part...just opinion. And it seems to drift a tiny bit in one part of the loop..maybe.

Great first song! Nice mood here. Me likey.

JAKE

SixStringBlues,Welcome!

Really good sound you have going there!
Nice guitar playing.

I think the snare sound's o.k for single hits,but not any more than that.
When you hit it more than once,really sounds sampled.

The recording sounds clean,how did you record the guitars?

Sounds pretty good for just messing around with your software!:D

Pete

Sounds like you're awaiting vocals. It sounds like your guitar is ever so slightly out of tune at the beginning (when the guitar walks up to the C). All else sounds pretty good.

sounds like you been playing around with it long enough now to get the guitar on disk like you want it. It`s really full sounding. I would like to close my eyes and "see" the guitar players in different places on the "audio stage". You got some good beginnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back