First time Homerecording.com submitter!

Brianonymous

Hi guys! Im new to this place, but I know I like it already.
My songs are over here:

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/319/jenn_bosworth.html

Roland 2480 is the core
All FX and companders are onboard

Vocals:
C1 + Berhinger T1953 Tube Pre

Bass:
Ibanez SR480 Direct in (next time im going to use the pre!)

Drums:
Pearl
See my site for mics

Guitars:
Fender Strats direct in, and Yamaha acoustic with the C1 + T1953 combo.

Any feedback is much appreciated! You can check out the studio equipment list over here:

http://w3.mivlmd.cablespeed.com/~bbosworth

Thanks in advance!! Hope to get to know you all.

Hi Jenn: First off, I had no idea that Brian Bosworth even LIKED music, much less played it. And I'll tell you another thing...he's much better at the music gig than the acting thing. I mean, once in college, I got really hammered, and I accidentally saw part of "Stone Cold" when I stumbled into a theater to use the facilities...WOW...that was lame.

(sorry, I'm sure you probably get that a lot, lol)

I listened to "To Believe" and "Fade." You've got a nice voice, and it's well recorded. That's 90% of the battle, eh? The clean electric on "To Believe" sounded DI'd, and it honestly kinda' grated on me after awhile...but you oughtta' hear the absolute CRAP that I record, lol.

The lead on "Fade" was excellent. I like the dynamics of the tune too. The lead break reminded me of Fleetwood Mac... which is a sincere compliment.

I'll hold off on saying anything else, b/c I'm not really sure what kind of feedback you're looking for (I can be downright rude if you want, :D) , but I'll say this...my Home Studio looks NOTHING like those pics on your site...lol. I don't think I saw any duct tape ANYWHERE?!?!?!

:D :D Anyway, welcome.

Hi Jenn,welcome.
I listened to I Believe.

Really sweet sounding,nice vocals.
I think the DI'd guitar was perfect for this song.

Mix sounds clear and big.

This is a really nice tune,did you write it?

Fine work.
Thanks,
Pete

Hi guys! No jenn here! Im a Brian! ;)
Jenn is my sister..

Chris:
Thanks for the comments! Haha, yeah, I get that all the time, especially from the FedEx or UPS guys.. As far as feedback goes, Ill take any! And fleetwood Mac is one of my favorite bands, so thank you!!

Muzeman:
Still not a Jenn! But I will pass the love on.. I wrote and produced these songs.

Thanks again guys!

OOOOooohhhh...you're Brian...that makes sense. I mean, what the hell do singers know about recording, lol.

BTW - I didn't have anything worse to add, I was just being...umm...well, I guess "funny" isn't really the word I'm looking for, because that would require humor...

Anyhoo, nice job. Amp that guit, lol.

I listened to all 3 tunes last night and surfed around your website a little.I really like the Shania Twain diagram.:D

All of the mixes sound ok to me.I think some layering of vocals and instruments here and there would take this material up a notch and make it sound like a real record.Dont get me wrong it sounds great right now.Your sister has a good voice and I didnt notice any auto-chris,oops,I mean "autotune" on any of the tunes.:D

Do you guys gig live or is this just a studio thing?Can brothers and sisters get along musicly?LOL.My brother and I butt heads over EVERYTHING when it comes to playing/recording.

Good clean recordings.....I think they just need some thickening up to make them sound a little bigger.

Kramer said:
I didnt notice any auto-chris, oops,I mean "autotune" on any of the tunes.:D
I totally deserved that. :D :D

Personally, I wish there was an "auto-crawdad" plugin.

(ignore us, Brian..."crawdad" is another BBS member here and...oh, just stick with the "ignore us" advice, lol)

Hi Brian....

Listening to your songs at work, and they sound really nice. Very pleasant to listen to.

Looking forward to checking them out at home on better speakers.

Thanks...Bob OC

Dang...

This is some good stuff... Nice live drums (and your drummer's very good... which is a definite plus. :p)... I won't bother commenting... I would have to get extremely anal to find something wrong with these, and I'm just too tired to do that right now. :p

WATYF

everything sounds realy good on this end, and yes she has a great voice. the guitars sound very nice with alot of good playing and style.the drums sound good but through my headphones it almost sounds like the drums are playing in a different ambience. its not a realy bad thing though. overall it sounds great and the songs are very nicely composed, if you post more please let me know would love to hear them. thanks for sharing god bless tim pate.

wow!

Wow guys, thank you very much for the kind words! It really makes it worth the efforts and details!

So you guys like my Shania diagram? hahah

Chrisharris: hahah thanks man.. I just plop her in front of a mic and tell her to sing.. No button pressing for her! We'll try the micing the amp dealio next round.. :) I take your word for the crawdad thing! ;)

Kramer: Thank you! Ive been trying to experiment and find that perfect level of detail... Not too crowded not too thin.. Still in the experimental mode on that level.. I think the song "To Believe" was the most challenging to date (and most recent) in production. I tried to go for the slow build.

Smokepole: Thanks!

WATYF: Thank you too!

flash2Ace: I totally agree with the ambience thing. Especially on the older material.. Too much room sound leaked in.. The song "Moving Free" was the song its most noticable IMHO.. That was before I upgraded to some Rode NT5 small condensers for overheads. Thanks man!

Take care guys!

Brian

I listend to "To Believe". Very clean recording. Your sister is the singer right? Very clear and resonant voice.

I won't be able to add too much to what's already been said. Did you notice that the harmony vocal at :35 is just a bit out of sync? A minor thing, I know.

On the songwriting, I think it needs some sort of breakup. A bridge or something maybe?

Just my thoughts... Trip.

Listened to "to believe". I liked the feel of the song - very well done. The guitars might be just a bit strong but what the hell do I know??

Hmmm...dig the leather pants.

Back