First song without my band

Waysid

Well here is my first song played and recorded without my band Wayside. I figured I would give a shot to playing all the instruments myself and doing the home recording thing. I can't quite bring myself to call it a "solo project" though :-)

Anyway if anyone wants to give it a listen and post any comments I would appreciate it. The song is HoldMeUp and its supposed to be a sort of Alternative/Indie-pop sort of thing.

thanks
chris

www.members.shaw.ca/cjdeas

Holy smokes, we're practically neighbours, in Internet terms:D
You sound pretty good working alone.
This mix is fresh. It reminds me a bit of early Collective Soul stuff.
Your drum sounds are a bit buried but it's a pretty dense mix.

Nice work and glad to meet ya.

very smooth and no spiking going on, a little smooth for me. If the band had was that tight and tasteful it was good band. You need a much louder drum kit going on and more pumping bass with a litt high mids and it`s set. Bring the solo stuf f out some more. Thats a B4? nice..

Very cool tune, well played and written. Yeah the drums were deep in the mix.Great vocals and guitars.

Couldn't link to your www. How did Toki know it's a B4?

Thanks for the responses. I originally didn't intend to have drums on the track and sort of added them later as background percussion. Maybe I should bring them out a bit. The B4 is a soft synth from Native Instruments. You can get some pretty cool sounds out of it. I can't really play keyboard very well, but it worked with the simple fifth chords I was playing. Thanks again for the feedback.

Good vocal. I agree the drums can come up a bit. I'm hearing some David Bowie moments in the vocal, I can't believe no one's mentioned that yet. The song builds up nicely. Nice countermelodies on the guitar during the last half of the track

Back