First Song I'm proud of

jeredsteeves

Hey everyone,

I used to visit and just read stuff here all the time. Now I've decided to post something I recently wrote. I hope you can take a listen and let me know what you think. I'm still learning, as I think we all are, so any advice would always be appreciated.

Thanks!

Here's the link:

Jered Steeves | Facebook

It's the only song on there right now.

Excellent song and performance! The dums are kinda out of sync - they are really not that necessary as the piano carries quite well...The lead guitar can come way up. Nice arangement with the loud/soft sections.... What instruments / mics are you using?

I use midi for my piano. Just the stock keys that came with Ableton. Drums are the BFD drums. You are the second person to tell me the drums are kind of distracting. I'll definitely take that into consideration. My vocal mic is the Rhode NT1A and for the guitar, I am using a SM57 micing a Ampeg SuperRocket amp. The guitar is just an average yamaha. I purposefully kept the guitar down because I wanted it more of a "mood" setting thing than something to be focused on.

Thanks for your input!

Hmmm okay then I would maybe up the guitar but push it back with reverb....just a thought....anyway good job

Get it off Facebook and onto a proper hosting site and more people will be inclined to listen - I'm not going to click a "Like" button to hear your stuff...

Back