First song I ever recorded

gtar02

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/1/linususmusic.htm

Our band did this about a year ago with the only equipment we had- an ev pl-80, a radioshack mic, and my roomates dell. It's not great, but the sad thing is the bass players last band recorded in a studio with a guy that teaches recording classes at a local college and our dorm room demo sounds better.
(I have since bought decent equipment and we are recording a whole album soon. Any suggestions about recording our style of music are welcome.)

Decent enough song. The mix is kind of crappy over-all, I think there's numerous things wrong with it, the guitars sound like there out of tune when they come in (or out of tune with the bass), bass is booming, drums are not tight throughout, and the vocals are really dry.

Ya know man,..I kept waiting for this tune to take off,...it never did!
Dont get me wrong man,..I like the tune,..just needs re-structured.
You obviously already know this is a crappy recording so I wont offer any mix advice. But,..I hope you guys are still working on this tune and include it with your new recording project. I think this could be a great tune with good production work,..oh and ya gotta make that thing rip at some point!!! Ya know!
Anyway,..thats what I think.

Take 'er easy,..

Calwood

I like the song. It definitly needs to grind at some point. Definitly keep it in the catalog and tweek it a bit

we will keep it. Its one of our favorite songs to play, and it has gone through some changes since that recording. I'm taking a recording class at school and will have full access to the studio, as well as the school's mics, in addition to my own mics, and a friend of ours who went to full sail is offering to produce it for free.

Back