First Song EVER Recorded!

VSpaceBoy

..loading
So I've been cleaning house (on my hard drive) and came across the first song I had ever recorded. I thought it would be funny to share. (so many flaws)

Song: Bend and Break
Gear: Tascam Porta7 4 track.
Acoustic ($70 pawn shop)
Elec. Guit (free from uncle)
Crybaby (traded)
Peavy mic
Casio keyboard

It was made in '92 when I was 15 years old. I remember that I wrote the song, and my friend sang it. I also remeber when I was playing the acoustic he was holding the mic aimed at the sound hole for me. Man those were the days.

Anyone else care to share your devirginizing song?

the first song I had ever recorded

Pretty cool Space. I like the wa-wa gtr.

Listening to yours NL5... cool gtr arpeggios at 5:25

Hey... where'd it go? It was just there.

Tim

VSpaceBoy said:
Thanks, where yer first one? Huh? :)

? Did he just delete his post or something?

Ooops - I was on a mad deleting bender, I must of deleted it as well.

Anyway, here it is again - I remebered I do have some older stuff somewhere, I will try and add later - this was done in 92-93 with a bunch of no-name mics, and a da-88. It's the reason I started my current studio project (wanted to dump the da tape that we had - thought it was full of great stuff LOL - not what I remebered at all! :D)

warning - it's long.

Cool BOY...reminds me(oh, here she goes with the memories!)..kinda of takes me back to the early-mid 70's...Man the 70's was the era of music for me!!
As I listened to your song, I picture myself down by the river at one of the Bonfires we would have going, throwing wild garlic on the flames to repel the squeeters! :eek:
Drinking a bit of wine, some fine smoke, good friends and conversation. The music being the icing on the cake. No fights, no hate, no bad vibes. Ahhh..those times were sweet. :cool: Except for the VN war. :(

GOOD SHOW!!! BTW, do you still have contact with your singing friend?

NL5 said:

Anyway, here it is again - I remebered I do have some older stuff somewhere, I will try and add later - this was done in 92-93 with a bunch of no-name mics, and a da-88. It's the reason I started my current studio project (wanted to dump the da tape that we had - thought it was full of great stuff LOL - not what I remebered at all! :D)

warning - it's long.

Whoa that was awesome. You had skillz.(still do) Made me want to fire a doob! Very chill. :cool:

true-eurt said:
Cool BOY...reminds me(oh, here she goes with the memories!)..kinda of takes me back to the early-mid 70's...Man the 70's was the era of music for me!!
As I listened to your song, I picture myself down by the river at one of the Bonfires we would have going, throwing wild garlic on the flames to repel the squeeters! :eek:
Drinking a bit of wine, some fine smoke, good friends and conversation. The music being the icing on the cake. No fights, no hate, no bad vibes. Ahhh..those times were sweet. :cool: Except for the VN war. :(

GOOD SHOW!!! BTW, do you still have contact with your singing friend?

Glad you likey, glad it could spark some memories. (aint that what its all about?)

the singer, Ryan was (is) his name, I haven't seen him since highschool.

VSpaceBoy said:
Whoa that was awesome. Made me want to fire a doob! Very chill. :cool:

That was a "on the fly" song we did after ummmmmm "indulging" a little too much. I named it "pass the bong".... LOL. :D

HangDawg said:
Here ya go. The first. Kinda funny. I haven't listened to this in years.

Damnit you have always RoCKED the guitar! Born axe in hand huh? sweet tune, love the rhy. guits. rocked out as well. Was that a real drum kit? Great sound as well! High quality stuff.

VSpaceBoy said:
Damnit you have always RoCKED the guitar! Born axe in hand huh? sweet tune, love the rhy. guits. rocked out as well. Was that a real drum kit? Great sound as well! High quality stuff.

Real drums, crappy mics. The speaking stuff came through my amp late one night and I recorded the song because of it. I was pretty lit up. Not sure what the hell I was thinking. :D

VSpaceBoy said:
So I've been cleaning house (on my hard drive) and came across the first song I had ever recorded. I thought it would be funny to share. (so many flaws)

Song: Bend and Break
Gear: Tascam Porta7 4 track.
Acoustic ($70 pawn shop)
Elec. Guit (free from uncle)
Crybaby (traded)
Peavy mic
Casio keyboard

It was made in '92 when I was 15 years old. I remember that I wrote the song, and my friend sang it. I also remeber when I was playing the acoustic he was holding the mic aimed at the sound hole for me. Man those were the days.

Anyone else care to share your devirginizing song?

SpaceBoy, nice tune. Reminds me of stuff I tried to do yaers ago in a band, but never seemed to gel like that. I enjoyed it.
Ed

NL5 said:

warning - it's long.

NL, that is cool. Very much prog-rock at the start. I could drink 2 beers to this baby. (only had one in my hand at the time...)
Very cool and spacey....I like it.
Ed

Man, those were all so cool, I probably shouldn't post anything. But, I am trashed, and have nothing better to do, so will dig something up from the computer. I was in 4 different "bands" at once back in the 80's. Bands is a loose term, as they were th esame people, but the name changed depending on what we were playing at the time. Mainly covers. Everything from Hendrix/Sabbath to Dokken and Metallica. Most of what we recorded was instrumental, as the singer refused to show, so I took over there. That was the end, as some of you have heard me sing. Not pretty.
This is not the first recording I did, but the first original we wrote and recorded. I think I am the only one not dead or doing time in the greybar hotel. May be the only one who remebers much. This is about 25,000 beers ago. It sucks ass. Listen and laugh.

NL5 said:
That was a "on the fly" song we did after ummmmmm "indulging" a little too much. I named it "pass the bong".... LOL. :D
Another 70ish tune. Man my brain is rockin tonight!!!! :cool:
:eek: WHAT was in that Bong??? :eek:
More of a shroom tune, wouldn't ya say? :D
Good song!

Dogman said:
Man, those were all so cool, I probably shouldn't post anything. But, I am trashed, and have nothing better to do, so will dig something up from the computer. I was in 4 different "bands" at once back in the 80's. Bands is a loose term, as they were th esame people, but the name changed depending on what we were playing at the time. Mainly covers. Everything from Hendrix/Sabbath to Dokken and Metallica. Most of what we recorded was instrumental, as the singer refused to show, so I took over there. That was the end, as some of you have heard me sing. Not pretty.
This is not the first recording I did, but the first original we wrote and recorded. I think I am the only one not dead or doing time in the greybar hotel. May be the only one who remebers much. This is about 25,000 beers ago. It sucks ass. Listen and laugh.

I can relate about bein' in the same band w/ different names thats funny.

lol Thats songs awesome "I wanna be a junkie, when I grow up" YES! Very raw solid sound, I bet that was a fun ass jam song!

Here is one of the first recording I ever done. Not the first but pretty much the same quality anyway. (watch this is quite a loud one, I mastered it on the BR1180 when i didnt know what i was doing)
Song: "OLD"

And here is another old song, but incorperating samples into it.
Song: "ELECTRIC"

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/archamedies_music.htm

Equipment used: Guitar (direct)
Bass (direct)
Electrez mic!! (shiter)
Boss BR1180 home studio
Fruity loops software

Enjoy.......... well try at least! :D

Last edited:
Back