First song

Hey nice song. Maybe not lyrical genius, but it was ok and the music was catchy. And I've heard worse vocal performances too.

Interesting percussion, I liked it. Like the doubled guits. Nice sound to them too.

The vocals have some excess lows. You might want to roll some of them out. It'd probably bring out more of the guitar too. Harmonies on the chorus are a must :D.

Some synching issues on the doubled vox - the biggest one I caught was at about 3:03.

Good job.

Interesting thought about harmonies on the chorus. Something I hadn't considered. I'll have to sort that out as I'm not sure if it will diminish or enhance the impact of the hook. However you seem pretty sure it needed something so I will try to test out a few things. Thanks for the constructive advice.

Definetly roll some lows off the vocals.I cant really hear the bass guitar....it has no distinctive tone.Maybe the bass will appear of you roll some of those lows off of the vocals.

ashulman said:
I'll have to sort that out as I'm not sure if it will diminish or enhance the impact of the hook.

We'll never know until we hear it :D:D:D. But I'd be surprised if it didn't bring out that hook very nicely. Just do a simple 3 part and I'll be it sounds real nice. Remember to roll off the lows.

I'll be on the lookout for a repost.

Trip.

Yep, too much low end on the lead vocal. Not sure the solo guitar sound fits with the rest of the song, but good playing.

Twist

I think you did a great job getting it all tracked with good clarity. I do feel they are right about some of the lows on the voices rumbling in and out of the bass, it makes the bass boomier as well and too far apart from guitar in tone.. Nice lil tune you did too.

I'm having trouble getting the bass to have a nice firm but deep sound. I boost the lows on it which makes it appear but it gets boomy and muddy, as you can tell. Granted, the bass is a piece of junk and that is definitely a problem. For instance the pickups seem screwed up because the sound gets louder on the low E string. Not sure what to do. On the vocals I try to boost lows to get a thicker sound but I see now that this only blends it with the other lows in a muddy mess. I guess each part needs its own niche. This stuff really helps - thanks alot.

ash, great chops. I love the electric coming in. Great tune too. Solve the lows, and get a little more clarity. Put up some more.

Back