First recording and also my first post on here!

stuy101

i would like some feed back on this recording, more the sound quality thn the musicianship(if there is any!), I recorded with a vocal mic which picked up the acoustic too and a direct in from the acoustic.

Attachments

• Do You Pray(rough).mp3
    2.8 MB · Views: 19
Ok, strictly on sound quality...

Guitar is a little too distant. Vox are in and out, can't hear a lot of the end of the words. Balance between the two is probably the best quality I can find. The recording is pretty clean.

cheers chris, yea the vocals will be re-tracked again and i was thinking there was a hint too much reverb on the acoustic! thanks gain for your opinion!

You might try recording the vocals and guitar again simultaneously to a click track. This way you know you're playing the same speed throughout the whole song. Then I would go back and record each part separately. i.e., re-record the guitar part and get the best sound you can with just focusing on the guitar. Then go back and record the vocals and work on getting the best vocal sound you can. Since you played to a click track you can go in and add in all sorts of stuff. You could add keys or other guitar parts or add in some digital drums if you wanted to. You will quickly learn the value of recording to the click track!

The song reminds me a lot of John Cougar Mellancamp which I hope you take as a compliment. Now the mix is a little mono so it's a wee narrow. I'd try to run a stereo device like a chous or reverb to try and get some width or spread on the mix. I am a reverb junkie so I like lots of reverb haha.... Welcome and keep posting I think you have some talent and potential!

Back