First Post Here

Welcome. Pretty good for being new to recording. You're right, the pitch of the singing is off a number of times. Not hideous, though. The vocal doesn't seem to sit very well in the mix. It is too up-front. Other than that, good effort. Lyrics are cool. Keep it up.

Lyrics by Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer. :p

[reminds me of the x-mas story.... nevermind]

I agree with scrubs, the vocals need work but you don't have a bad voice (just need more practice singing).

It's pretty original, doesn't sound like you're trying to fit any genre (or is not sounding like everyone else the genre nowadays? :D ). Couldn't really make out a bass line, a pet-peeve of mine. Bass is not just there to fill in the lower notes the guitars can't produce (without a serious Korn driven -octave stomp box). The bass line should be the melody and the guitars a harmony, etc. At least that's how I've always tried approaching things, even if I have a hard time living up to this standard on all my own recordings.

Was that an actual drum kit? Sounded like it! :)

Overall I think you did a good job, regardless if it was your first try.

I wonder, when you were tracking the vocal, were you able to hear enough of the backing track to get the referece for the melody. Kind of reminds me of someone who can't hear enough of the backing.... Vox too high in mix also. Pretty good drums for not live. Maybe I'll have to mess w/ FL some more....

Back