First mix, please feedback

Couldn't understand a word of it but I actually thought everything sat pretty well. Especially for your first mix? I like how the vocals sound. Is that a dynamic mic you used for that?

/sounds great man. That's a killer riff! So that's not a real drumset? I like the crispness of the drums. I have been recently experimenting with drumagog when either my kick drum or snare sounds like crap. Guitar sounds very good.

Commenting on "Parssssanoja!!" only.

This is a dark, dark song. Elements of it remind me of the old EZO song 'here it comes" but several orders of magnitude more dangerous and without the poppy edge. I love the way it builds in intensity through the verses, and the tag just hammers it all home perfectly. Overall, I find this tune....I dunno, disturbing, but in a really listenable way, if that makes any sense.

Mix-wise - this is as a listener, not as any sort of mix engineer - overall everything sounds balanced, all the individual parts sit really well in the mix. The only exceptions to my ears are the vocals between 1:13 and 1:29 and again, but to a somewhat lesser degree, from 2:40 to 2:56. They sound a bit too out front and on top of the mix. Also, and this is just a personal preference, the repeating "Parssssanoja" from 3:28 - on are practically begging for some sort of effect, maybe a reverb or echo of some sort...just sounds too dry.

Anyway...very well done overall. Any chance for an english translation of the lyrics?

-B

Back