Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: First kick at the can

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    On a catwalk above a stage
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    10697

    Talking First kick at the can

    Sign in to disable this ad
    My First kick at the can.
    At posting something here.
    this is a acustic guitar and a mandolin.
    played by a friend of my fiance's son.

    I will tell you what I used later after feedback.

    Song 03

    Thanks
    [COLOR=Red][FONT=Century Gothic][FONT=Impact][FONT=Fixedsys][CENTER] :D Real engines don't have spark plugs :D [/CENTER][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Cleveland, France
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,178
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    4783671
    I like the Mandolin sound, the guitar seems a lil dull and might meed a boost in the upper frequencies.

    The instrumental is good, the drums not my taste but ok. The cymbals drive me nuts. I would prefer this without drums, it would be very pleasant to just have a Mando, guitar and perhaps acoustic bass. Good job.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    On a catwalk above a stage
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    10697
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidK
    I like the Mandolin sound, the guitar seems a lil dull and might meed a boost in the upper frequencies.

    The instrumental is good, the drums not my taste but ok. The cymbals drive me nuts. I would prefer this without drums, it would be very pleasant to just have a Mando, guitar and perhaps acoustic bass. Good job.
    Thanks for the info forgot to mention that the drums are played by my fiance's son
    [COLOR=Red][FONT=Century Gothic][FONT=Impact][FONT=Fixedsys][CENTER] :D Real engines don't have spark plugs :D [/CENTER][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Cleveland, France
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,178
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    4783671
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGeek
    Thanks for the info forgot to mention that the drums are played by my fiance's son
    Well, can you get a fiance that plays bass?

    The playing is ok, its just too much cymbal sound.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Oregon
    Age
    54
    Posts
    336
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    106
    Personally, I like the drums in there, but agree with David that the cymbals are a bit much. And I'd like to hear a fuller, brighter guitar sound. A bass part might be nice too. Enjoyed the listen, though - nice job!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    On a catwalk above a stage
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    10697
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidK
    Well, can you get a fiance that plays bass?

    The playing is ok, its just too much cymbal sound.
    I can probably re EQ the drum track but im limited to how i record the tracks
    A single stereo track mixed down from 6 mics.

    But its good to get feedback on it so i can help them.
    They do have a bass player (electric) in the band. He thought it would be better with out the electric bass

    I will pass the info on thanks again
    [COLOR=Red][FONT=Century Gothic][FONT=Impact][FONT=Fixedsys][CENTER] :D Real engines don't have spark plugs :D [/CENTER][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    On a catwalk above a stage
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    10697
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffLancaster
    Personally, I like the drums in there, but agree with David that the cymbals are a bit much. And I'd like to hear a fuller, brighter guitar sound. A bass part might be nice too. Enjoyed the listen, though - nice job!
    Thanks for the feed back
    [COLOR=Red][FONT=Century Gothic][FONT=Impact][FONT=Fixedsys][CENTER] :D Real engines don't have spark plugs :D [/CENTER][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Pisgah Forest, NC, USA
    Age
    65
    Posts
    444
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    119801
    I agree, the guitar needs to be eq'd up into acoustic territory.

    The cymbal needs to go.

    Maybe some brushes would work for your drum parts?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    On a catwalk above a stage
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    10697
    Quote Originally Posted by EL34
    I agree, the guitar needs to be eq'd up into acoustic territory.

    The cymbal needs to go.

    Maybe some brushes would work for your drum parts?

    Thanks for the info
    [COLOR=Red][FONT=Century Gothic][FONT=Impact][FONT=Fixedsys][CENTER] :D Real engines don't have spark plugs :D [/CENTER][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    9,869
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 181 Times in 166 Posts
    Rep Power
    21474860
    The first part with guitar and drums is good...but the cymbals on the drums are kind of distracting...but you've gotten that feedback already.....I would maybe tone down the whole drum kit a bit placing it in the background a bit more. The guitar at 3:25 to the end is very nice...would enjoy more of those tones. Other than the cymbals I think it's a very good first kick at the can....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Kick Drum Beater Issues
    By Scottgman in forum Mixing Techniques
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-13-2005, 07:57
  2. Sm57 For Recording Kick Drum
    By ROCKNROLLRUSS in forum Drums and Percussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-07-2004, 07:27
  3. wat it takes for kick.. mic or treatment.
    By lbcstudios in forum Drums and Percussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 18:47
  4. new kick question
    By jmorris in forum Drums and Percussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-17-2002, 19:50
  5. Getting a bad sound out of a good kick
    By twonky in forum Drums and Percussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-16-2002, 08:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •