First kick at the can

SuperGeek

My First kick at the can.
At posting something here.
this is a acustic guitar and a mandolin.
played by a friend of my fiance's son.

I will tell you what I used later after feedback.

Song 03

I like the Mandolin sound, the guitar seems a lil dull and might meed a boost in the upper frequencies.

The instrumental is good, the drums not my taste but ok. The cymbals drive me nuts. I would prefer this without drums, it would be very pleasant to just have a Mando, guitar and perhaps acoustic bass. Good job. :cool:

DavidK said:
I like the Mandolin sound, the guitar seems a lil dull and might meed a boost in the upper frequencies.

The instrumental is good, the drums not my taste but ok. The cymbals drive me nuts. I would prefer this without drums, it would be very pleasant to just have a Mando, guitar and perhaps acoustic bass. Good job. :cool:

Thanks for the info :p forgot to mention that the drums are played by my fiance's son :D

SuperGeek said:
Thanks for the info :p forgot to mention that the drums are played by my fiance's son :D

Well, can you get a fiance that plays bass? :confused: :D

The playing is ok, its just too much cymbal sound. :cool:

Personally, I like the drums in there, but agree with David that the cymbals are a bit much. And I'd like to hear a fuller, brighter guitar sound. A bass part might be nice too. Enjoyed the listen, though - nice job!

DavidK said:
Well, can you get a fiance that plays bass? :confused: :D

The playing is ok, its just too much cymbal sound. :cool:

I can probably re EQ the drum track but im limited to how i record the tracks :(
A single stereo track mixed down from 6 mics.

But its good to get feedback on it so i can help them.
They do have a bass player (electric) in the band. He thought it would be better with out the electric bass

I will pass the info on thanks again :D

JeffLancaster said:
Personally, I like the drums in there, but agree with David that the cymbals are a bit much. And I'd like to hear a fuller, brighter guitar sound. A bass part might be nice too. Enjoyed the listen, though - nice job!

Thanks for the feed back :D

I agree, the guitar needs to be eq'd up into acoustic territory.

The cymbal needs to go.

Maybe some brushes would work for your drum parts?

The first part with guitar and drums is good...but the cymbals on the drums are kind of distracting...but you've gotten that feedback already.....I would maybe tone down the whole drum kit a bit placing it in the background a bit more. The guitar at 3:25 to the end is very nice...would enjoy more of those tones. Other than the cymbals I think it's a very good first kick at the can.... :) :) :)

ido1957 said:
The first part with guitar and drums is good...but the cymbals on the drums are kind of distracting...but you've gotten that feedback already.....I would maybe tone down the whole drum kit a bit placing it in the background a bit more. The guitar at 3:25 to the end is very nice...would enjoy more of those tones. Other than the cymbals I think it's a very good first kick at the can.... :) :) :)

Thanks for the input. :D

Nice tune. Something is boomy here..Guitar sounds good, so I assume it's the drums. Nice playing, but it needs some mix work. Some stuff needs compression and some eq, to make the mix more cohesive. A few things just seem to jump out, and detract from the guitar sounds. Try and tame the drums. They seem to be a bit too dynamic for the tune. Good playing though. Tune has a nice feel to it, and some very nice sounds.

Dogman said:
Nice tune. Something is boomy here..Guitar sounds good, so I assume it's the drums. Nice playing, but it needs some mix work. Some stuff needs compression and some eq, to make the mix more cohesive. A few things just seem to jump out, and detract from the guitar sounds. Try and tame the drums. They seem to be a bit too dynamic for the tune. Good playing though. Tune has a nice feel to it, and some very nice sounds.

Thanks Dogman :D
It's my fiancee's sons band.

But will note your coments and work on it :D

SuperGeek said:
My First kick at the can.
At posting something here.
this is a acustic guitar and a mandolin.
played by a friend of my fiance's son.

I will tell you what I used later after feedback.

Song 03

Hey SuperGeek,

Nice sweet playing all round!
The mix in general sounds a little muddy which is burying the guitars and mandolin. Maybe a slight cut in the lows and a boost in the mids just to give the mix a little more of a pristine presence!
I can hear the mandolin and guitars have been captured well, just heavy all round in the bottom end!

A very relaxing piece of music!

Thanx for sharing SuperGeek! :)

Gorty

Gorty said:
Hey SuperGeek,

Nice sweet playing all round!
The mix in general sounds a little muddy which is burying the guitars and mandolin. Maybe a slight cut in the lows and a boost in the mids just to give the mix a little more of a pristine presence!
I can hear the mandolin and guitars have been captured well, just heavy all round in the bottom end!

A very relaxing piece of music!

Thanx for sharing SuperGeek! :)

Gorty

Thanks for takeing the time to listen :D

Glad you enjoyed there playing.

The info you gave will be good when i remix the song

thanks again :D

Going to go with the majority on this one and suggest you take out the drumming. It would be a nice ambiant piece left without drums. If nothing else, take out that dern cymbal. ouch.

I dig the hell out of the mandolin. Excellent guitar work, also. Such a great feel.

guitarmonkus said:
Going to go with the majority on this one and suggest you take out the drumming. It would be a nice ambiant piece left without drums. If nothing else, take out that dern cymbal. ouch.

I dig the hell out of the mandolin. Excellent guitar work, also. Such a great feel.

Thanks for the input... will make changes this weekend and post a up date :D

I absolutly love the mandolin and acoustic in this...agree that the drums need some work,kinda distract from the mellow vibe of the tune...sounds cool man!

variaxman said:
I absolutly love the mandolin and acoustic in this...agree that the drums need some work,kinda distract from the mellow vibe of the tune...sounds cool man!

Thanks for the input

It is my Fiancees. sons band that i recorded it was just the guitar player that
played both parts.

I just recorded it.

I remixed it (removed the drums)

here it is.

Song 03 Redux

Back