First Impressions - Please comment....

JasonBird

Average Member
Hi there everyone,
A friend came over to my house and brought a new friend with Him. A young Air Force gentleman named Harris. He's into recording and music and all of this stuff. They brought a small hand drum over with them. I recently got two new guitars, so we pulled them out and had a little 40 minute jam session. I pulled this out of it, and called it First Impressions. The method was this...
Fender strat into a little Ibanez amp.
Martin accoustic was played with no amp
We had just a single mic , KSM 44, into a Behringer Ultragain tube preamp into RME and pc. The mic was set on omni and just set off to side of the room. Overall, I think it sounds nice. He plays well I think. Let me know what you think!! The song is called First Impressions .
Thanks, Jason

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2169&alid=-1

I listened to "First Impressions." It's not that bad. I actually like the opening guitar (it's just way to loud). Turn the guitar down (sounds as if there might be some distorting, intential?)--and fine tune it cause somethin sounds funky. Drums, kill the room ambience and make it so they're not over powered by the guitar.

What is that other sound coming in at 1:18? Guitar? Well, just delete it because it is vicisously off (it actually assaulted my ears). Not ranking on ya, just try to help ya.

For some reason, in my opinion, the mix became better for about 20secs at the 2:00 mark, did you do something with it then?

I think it is a good first start, and that is what it is right? I think you have a nice opening guitar melody/riff/whatever. Turn it down a bit, tune it, and I'd work off of that. Best of luck.

Yeah that guit is a bit out of tune. A little loose performance, but you sort of implied it was going to be. A little mud at the low end of the electric guit. Maybe roll off some lows?

The acoustic is getting covered by the electric a bit. I'd strive for more balance between the two.

The material wasn't too bad. Could be the makings of a nice song.

Back