First demo being able to use 8 tracks at once.

surfmaster

How does this sound? its a demo for some friend's of mine. we tracked in two days and I mixed it within a week. all done in a basement and they were all extremely under the influence at the time of recording. it also was my first time recording good equipment (gibson guitars through marshall jcm900's, gailen krueger bass amp, nice set). it really was 10x easier to mix, and sounds 10x better than anything i've recorded before due to the higher quality input.

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=8146

Dude, that rocks. Drums and guitars sound incredible. I love that guitar sound. Is this live? The performance is great too.

If you don't mind, post some details about the drum-mic setup and tracking.

You're correct that real amps and such makes for better (easier) mixing. The Cookie Monster style vocals aren't my cup of meat but what the hell. The sound you got is first class. Well done.

the kick is a combination of 3 or 4 samples mixed with the real kick track. i spent a lot of the time working on the kick sound. I really like the way the guitars came out. the only real musicians in the band are the drummer and the guitarist so those parts came out the best I feel.

I cant get over how great the guitars sound and I really didnt do anything to them. I used an es-57 off axis then a blue kick ball with the low cut getting some cabinet sound by placing it either between speakers or on the outer edge of the cabinet. I then set up a stereo pair of 990's in xy out three feet or so and added those to taste.

Dude, that rocks. Drums and guitars sound incredible. I love that guitar sound. Is this live? The performance is great too.

If you don't mind, post some details about the drum-mic setup and tracking.

I had the guitarist play through the cans of the drummer and recorded his DI as a scratch track. yeah I just hope that I can record more bands with nice equipment because its just so much more fun to mix. and I sound like a better engineer because of it! haha

The screaming sucks, sounds just like every other screamer band. :mad:

On the good side----the playing and mixing was Fantastic! Sounds like you guys have been jammin for a long time. Your timing was impecable, Very tight!:cool::cool:

The screaming sucks, sounds just like every other screamer band. :mad:

On the good side----the playing and mixing was Fantastic! Sounds like you guys have been jammin for a long time. Your timing was impecable, Very tight!:cool::cool:

not my band! some local musicians who are in a lot of bands around town just wanted to make a fun band, the whole thing is like a joke to them (thats why I recorded it and not a studio) they are all really good musicians but i'm pretty sure the band was put together at the beginning of summer and they had these songs done to record a week ago.

Back