First 2 recordings and mixes on the yamaha N12

HR's mp3 clinic is slowly becoming yet another mp3 forum where people post music and wait for others to comment, yet they themselves don't comment on anyone else's music.

I've been a member here for over 5 years. You might not have seen much of me over the past 6 months but I have put more than my fare share of time in here helping people with their mixes....I'm sorry you managed to miss out on that.

True: you always give me the best critical listening posts and i can't thank you enough for the detail and the time you obviously give up to do so.

Rain: I'm with you on the kick.bass issue. So much so that we tracked the vocals again last night with some new guitar parts and completely remixed both songs.

I have a habit of doing a mix and playing it to death for a couple of weeks then changing everything.

I'm off to update the 2 files, I'll post back when they're up. Sorry I can't leave the first mixes up but space is limited. Thanks again to everyone who took the time to have a listen rather than just have a moan, That's you, XLR baby :D

Alex

I'm listening on Studio Phile DX4's run through my Lexicon to the PC.

Young Star Dreams

I like the bass in this one.

And at 1:47... 2:23 ...2:30..2:58...there is a dropout of volume again, for those split seconds..but it's noticable...not sure what that is all about.:confused:

did you write these songs and play all the instruments(other than drums) Lemon?

Sorry I'm not much help ...

True a think the drop outs you hear are missing drum hits. We had a computer crash during mixdown on that one and I think I started a new mixdown before EzDrummer had fully loaded the kit pecies...could be missing symbals you are hearing.

The drums and bass were all me, I played an E-kit into ezdrummer to a click then went back and done a bit of quantizing and editing on some of the fills...so it's a half human performance. Both songs were co wrote with my mate JV, he done all the guitars and vocals

New mixes are up, same link

Alex

Back