Finished Song

well, this could use a lot more work..........you guys sound like you're talented and the voice is strong for the genre, but the recording needs quite a bit of work.........it almost sounds like someone set up a mic outside your practice space......it sounds like the whole drum kit was miced with one mic.....the snare is almost non-existant at times......the voice is great but is recorded poorly, it sounds very distant and you want a strong vocalist such as this to be upfront....around 2:05 a pretty loud hiss comes into the recording, it's hard to tell if it is just a hiss or coming from the drums....also, it sounds like there is virtually no stereo seperation for any of the instruments.........start by trying to use a little more of the stereo field.............anyhow, i'm not trying to pick on you, the talent is there but the recording needs a lot of work......it is possible that the mp3 encoder sucked some like out of the tack aswell, so listen to it online and see if it sounds like your original recording..............hope this helps

sounds like some of the worse live tracks ive heard....tell me its live...please tell me its live...please...please

Im not into this type of music but the recordings were pretty bad.A lot of hiss and noise and compression/limiting artifacts.It needs a lot of work.How good are the raw tracks?Do they need a whole lot of eq and shaping to make them work?

Back