finally a song

indiefolk

ok well i live off of SSI and I scrimp and saved for a while to build my studio- pentium III 900 mhz , cool edit pro 2, sound blaster audigy and freeware drum machine, shure sm 58 mic and i have a
sm 57 mic as well.

it is definately lo-fi, but i worked on this one for about ten hours burning the midnite oil.

Got a message saying hotlinking isn't allowed or somesuch...... then got spammed by pop ups and spyware trying to invade my comp. Perhaps a better upload site would be a good idea?

Ian.........

IanW-UK said:
Got a message saying hotlinking isn't allowed or somesuch...... then got spammed by pop ups and spyware trying to invade my comp. Perhaps a better upload site would be a good idea?

Ian.........

Hello Ian

You do know that there's already a band called The Residents, don't you? :rolleyes:

www.residents.com

Here's one of their LPs, just in case you don't believe me

residents.jpg

And here's the band themselves

residents.jpg

Hey there Indie,
I checked out your song. It's really frickin' loud ! I could't turn it down fast enough!! LOL, but...anyways, very intersting. You have a good voice. The recording sounds good, other tha it's loud, but I think the effects are a bit overwhelming. The delay is too much too me. Welcome to the board, keep em coming. It's good to see another Idahoan on the board!
take it easy, Jason

Downloading now, will listen tommorrow mate :)

Mark, yeah I know there's already a band called that. I bought the name, without checking first, about a year ago. I haven't bothered to change the site back to our original name as we're not gigging at the moment. None of our tunes say they are by "the residents" anyhoo ;)

Ian.........

Listened tonight instead, I agree with Jason that the effects are a bit overwhelming on the drums, but it's an interesting tune. Sounds like a cross between David Bowie and The Doves. Mix wise, the hi hat is a bit too upfront for me and the vox are a bit low. I like it though. Cool tune. Some nice note selection on the guitars.

Cheers,

Ian........

yeah well if you can believe it that was only a two track song. i recorded the lead guitar and drums(which was a drum machine using a stock beat)in the first track and the second was where i
layed down the vocals and the second guitar. I used a squire bullet guitar that only has four strings on it and its tuned down and in a open tuning.

Back