Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Finally something sweet from F_cksia..

Thanks

Finally something sweet from F_cksia..

Sign in to disable this ad
    Very quick mix, please offer me as much suggestions as possible to make this sound better. Thanks again!

"Wonders Are Alive Tryout"
    http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/?aid=2755/singles

Thanks
    Hmm. I was listening to Beck's "Sea Change" record at work today and the first few bars of this almost made me think I was hearing an outtake from that.

My take is that the vox need a smooth, gentle verb on them. I think they're too dry for this tune. Also, whatever you do with the verb, you gotta chose one and stick with it. Sounds like you were doing different verbs on each phrase for the first couple verses there. And at :55 the voice practically drops out altogether.

And I very rarely offer performance suggestions, especially with singing (except for obvious pitch problems) because 1) it's very personal and subjective and 2) I can barely sing myself.

BUT...

Having said that though, I think the singer on this (you?) sounds like he's just trying way too hard. I'd like to hear this done a little more laid back and easy. Kind of like, er... Beck's "Sea Change". In particular that vibrato ain't working for me. It just sounds way too deliberate and affected and kind of clumsy, and it seems to be affecting the singers ability to stay on key as well.

I think with a smoother vocal performance and the right reverb this could be a very cool song.

Chris

Thanks
    yes...the music is beautiful... hard to capture brushes well...but you did pretty decently.

the singing is off key, so I would call the a mix problem VS a preference situation.

I hear and understand the previous comment about the vibrato. It seems "forced" and unatural. If you just "belted it out" instead, it seems it would be better. I actually like the organ hanging out on the right..and the sound too. Adds nicely to the tune and mix.

No mix complaints too much, except the vocal treatments and performance.

Maybe on the fade...bring the brushes down too....realizing you might have left them up for "effect"...but they then all of a sudden cut off... so...fade improvement too.

Thanks
    I liked the cool brush effect sounds like the seashore ... Almost
    Is the vocalists primary language something other than english? some of the accents on the words seemed to be in unusual places which made it seem more pitchy than it really was.

Peace
    Bill

Thanks
    Bring the vocal down 1.5.

I really like this. Reminds me of nick cave. I really like the sound on the guitar and drums. You got a tube anywhere in your gear? Can you put that vocal through it? There's something either a bit too loud or too raw about it.

Really nice. Okay, now I know you can do this kind of stuff. You'll get no mercy from me LOL.

It's the singing in this I like the best. Not smooth, not polished, but really really good.

Thanks
    Originally posted by dobro

It's the singing in this I like the best. Not smooth, not polished, but really really good.

the singing is off key
    ...I think I am resposible for that 2nd quote!

Now I understand why there is chocolate and vanilla.

Thanks
    Very nice sound you have on this. I felt the vocals were a bit too hot (just a tad) and the rest is a performance preference...To my ears it does sound a bit out of key and a little warbly, but that may be what you are going for...

As far as the writing goes, this is very well written and I think you've come up with a very nice arrangement. Kind of laid back and ambiant. Very nice!

Thanks
    Yeah well.. the singer.. I didn't sing it, I can only sing cheesy punktunes now and than .
    Anyway, it's sung by the guy who wrote the lyrics. We both heard it was not too in key sometimes, but he put so much emotion in this take he just wasn't able to do it over than (in the last lyric you can actually hear in his voice he's crying).

Anyway to all: thanks really much for the comments, I tried to fix it to make the vox sound a little harsh, but I guess I'll have to retrack it, a little more away from the mic?

Again: thanks!

AMITYVILLE, NY 110110100101000101010 ----- I live in the ----- HORROR HOUSE
    Thanks
    Nice tune. Great feel, great mood. I love the arrangement and the simplicity.

I like the mix, but I find the lead vox a little too up front.

Ok, some harshness. You voice has an incredible sound and even more potential.

I do hear some struggling in some spots with key, sustain and confidence.

All of these should be able to be corrected with carful tracking.

All of these would be corrected by singing lessons.

I hear your voice and I think, this guy would be a singing god if he found a competent teacher.

Sean

Thanks
    Hey thanks, but as I said it's actually not MY voice.
    But I'll pass on the suggestions to him.

Thread Information