Finally a little something from me.

Pinachi

Sup guys,i have tried and tried to hold back untill i have the right equipment,but i'm going to go ahead and let you guys hear a little bit if my music.I'm not a rapper but i rap in this song,just to see how it sounds with lyrics.

Basicaly i need your critisism on the beat quality overall .

Thanks

Please no biast answers because its Christian rap and i'm not the best songwriter either. :D

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=410753

Good tune - The vocals are doubled nicely. Overall I think you've got this down. The beat is groovin' and I like the way this builds up over the course of the song.

I'm not a big fan of the first keyboard patch (but that's just me) but I do like the second patch a lot.

Care to share (hmmm that rhymes) what your mic/preamp/effect is - it's really nice and clean.

I like the Christian theme - nice change of pace - and your lyrics are great.

Nice One.... :cool:

Thanks IDO,my setup is very humble.

I recorded the vocals with AKG C3000b ,that goes into the 01v96v2 mixer (equed like crazy,and compressed)realtime ,recorded into Cubase SL3,and equed like crazy again with plugin(classic eq).Basicaly mixed inbox,and the instrumens i use is this:

soundfonts for drums , bass and sax were from XP-30.

Thats it. :D

I'm working on the infamous Avalon 737 hopefully i get it this lifetime ;)

Anyone else care to comment? :confused: :confused:

Thanks.

Cool vocal sound. Great beat and groove. I have no problem with either keyboard patch. They suit what's going on. Unlike a lot of musicians, I really dig good rap when it's well done. Gets my neck and my feet moving, and this definitley did that. Really cool.

What I thought about the first keyboard patch was that it was a little loud. I would like to hear that keyboard sort of in the background so the vocals stay in the front still making me think about what is being presented.

Then at time index 00:34 when the keyboard does x x x x x x x x x (the 8 clicks), after that you could go up to current volume. Then the second keyboard can kick in.

But that would just a suggestion. Now, I like how it makes me sway from left to right, and bop my head. The fact that it talks about Christ makes it another reason why I like it. :)

Now who's doing a heavy metal solo for you preferrably using one of those Boss DS-1 pedals. :P ...... Nah, you don't need those, just kidding. :)

Thanks guys,i apreshiate your time,and the pointers will be taken under consideration.

I'm hoping to get a bit wider sound,because i'm still not satisfied with it.And i need a preamp like crazieeee son,lol.

But i was trying to hit the D-miner!
or was it e-mothacrankinminer?

Back