Finally got a remix and new guitars on the FROM WITHIN demo

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This should me on MTV, VH1!!!

I can't understand what the background vocal screaming is saying. But i guess I am not supposed to know. J/K :)

Awesome voice!!!

You are a pro!!

I think the screaming sounds funny cause he was unknowingly using an MD-421 as a side address mic, and I just thought thats what he sounded like. I didnt pick up on it til a few songs down the line when it was starting to get on my nerves, and they liked the overall sound of it cause it was different, so we went with it. Regular vocals are through my U195.

I can only WISH I was a pro, but thanks for the compliment!

Paul

Sounds really good Paul. My preference would be a little bit less saturation in the dirty guitars. In other words, a bit more definition. But this style sort of calls for that sound.

Maybe just a little more hi hat?

The screams at the end sound to me like they could be pulled back just a dB or two. They're slightly outside of the mix on my end.

I'd say you're just about there man. Nice work.

Tom

Sluice- you know what? They used a JOhnson head with the gain on 10, I managed to get a compromise and backed it off to 9.0, but when I went for 7.5, which was a nice blend with some definition, I got wrinkled noses and frowns. Heh, so, I tried. 9 wasnt any cleaner than 10 as far as I could tell, maybe just the slightest bit. Its hard to make people realize the whole dirty guitar/gain/recording thing. Same thing for live shows really, get a better mix with less gain.

jesus- the last thing I woulda thought of was NIrvana, lol... thanks!

Anyone wanna hear another one from these guys?

Nirvana no way! ha.

I thought this sounded pretty good, and the screams I thought was the best part. Thats where the music was hittin heavy with more aggression and I thought it fit well. The Drums I couldnt really get into, they sounded lost in a few spots. But overall I thought it sounded like something that would be on the radio.

Tubedude

the guitars sound better this time around. I wouldn't worry about the guitars being overly gainy, this seems to be the trend for this style lately.
Nirvana? haha thats funny, try more in the neighborhood of Mudvayne. The singer sounds just like that guy. A very solid performance despite the lack of originallity.

ha, let me see if I can post this one they did... you'll swear its the dude from Mudvayne...

THanks devilish... radio is what they are after...

DevilizhStylez said:
Nirvana no way! ha.

I thought this sounded pretty good, and the screams I thought was the best part. Thats where the music was hittin heavy with more aggression and I thought it fit well. The Drums I couldnt really get into, they sounded lost in a few spots. But overall I thought it sounded like something that would be on the radio.

Hey, what part of indiana? Close enough to come to Louisville shows?

I live in north western Indiana, up by Michigan so it's quite aways from Kentucky. But I am suprized at how many metal bands I have heard online that are out of Kentucky.

hey man, great recording. It cool to see that you are reaching greater heights in recording quality.

The song sounds decent. the line "rain falls down" sounds exactly like the line "in plain light" from Sluice's hate pill. For a while I thought they were copying sluice :D

mixing opinion:
pros:
very socially redeemable
voice is cool

cons:
too much bass that often peaks

tones opinion:
don't care for guitars that sound like they're right out of the pedal

don't care for toms that scream MIDI

DEvilish.... I would say we have 120 metal bands right here in Louisville at any given time...

Cyan... thanks for checking it out, good to see you again....

Sonixx- too much bass? Probably so. A lot of the bass is in those guitars, it was a bitch trying to tame them. As for "right out of the pedal" I guess that what you get with a Johnson amp that is a modeling amp basically. Its a miced cabinet, so... oh well... they loved the sound, and I like it pretty decent.
As for the toms, those are the real deal with e504s clipped on em... nothing else done to them at all, not even compressed if I recall.

geez... I have to apologize... my comments were not for your tune. I had two going and my comments were for another.

let me start over...

I take back everything stated earlier...

Damn good...

enjoyed it...

Nice, nice sound. Big, crunchy guitars aren't harsh, nor do they interfere with the vocals, which are nested in the mix well.

Why'd you shift the panning of the demonic roaring bvs during the course of the song from the left and right to the center? The band's call? I liked that flitting back and forth in the first part - it made it sound like there was loads of action in the song at that point - intense.

I love what these guys are doing with rhythm and tempo. Metal's often so boringly foursquare, but this one's fluid - great! I love that drummer. You can tell him I said so :D.

Good work.

After I applied a few of my propreitary mixing tricks (wink wink) they pretty much made the calls on the mix.

I'll pass the props, though! Thanks!

Back