Finally got a chance to record some real bass!

You're not serious about scrapping it are you?....
Dude this is a killer song!

The melody just soars, and the guitars are awesome...

If you scrap this you're crazy!!...:confused:

Well I downloaded it and I'm keeping it..:)

I can see why you might have gotten bored with this, as it's a pretty "normal" song for you. And though it doesn't have all the surprises we've come to expect from a Sluice song, It still has enough of your signature to make it quite refreshing. I could listen to a lot more of this

New speakers or not, I agree with Sam about the low guitars. Cutting some of that might give the bass a little more definition.

Twist

mmm... glad I finally got the time to listen to this. Very interesting in certain parts. I like how it sounds so "symphonic" at times. (i.e. 2:05) I agree that the bass does seem to be a little "out of place" (don't have any other idea how to describe that). Maybe it's just a little too forward in the mix. I dunno. Whatever... :p Nice tune man. Very Groovy.

I would also agree that it's not as "stellar" as some of your latest mixes, but I'm sure once you get around to the "annual remix" of this one it'll sound even better. :D

And now for my usual comment on the drums... :D I like your new samples. A good improvement over the old stuff. They really add to the mixes. I also liked the programming on this one better than most because it was a bit more...... er...... "normal". ;) :D Not boring or anything... but a little more fluid than your usual "unique" programming. :p I'm hearing the lack of a "snare" type drum around 1:00 where it gets a bit quieter. I'm sure that was your intention, but it stuck oat a tiny bit to me.

Overall... cool stuff man. Nice guitar sounds. (acoustic and electric)

You know what... now that I hear it a couple times, I think it is that the bass is a little too prominent.

WATYF

lol... i just now read that you thought this one was too "normal"... :D

go figger.. :p

Well, I for one like it. I know it's not your usual "adventurous" type of writing, but I dig it.

but that's just boring ol' me. :p

WATYF

Nice, man... welcome to the bass club! your bass has a decent tone, sounds natural without the overprocessed tone that I hear in so many active systems now. I use an ART levelar myself, it smooths it out pretty well. It sounds just a tad skinny in the mids, but I think you can round it with eq instead of pitching $ for another bass.

Last edited:
sluice, wanted to let you know, this is my favorite song of yours. been listening for a while and this is the first song of yours that really stuck with me afterwards.

and that's such brilliant guitar work.

Back