FINAL VERSION? The Credit Cowboy Radio VO & Jingle

SteveAlton

VERSION 2....So I got 1 more day to get this finished product into the Radio Station...Made a few changes in script & speed and it is now in Pro Tools to automate. As per popular opinion dumped the ya'll come back now ya hear line....Brought up intro & Outro

More concerned with levels at this point. Balance between Music & VO, with automation now it is a simpler fix....

I know it's a Holiday, but please fire away. This is the first Jingle I've written & this is my first VO, but I want ALL input...Don't be shy, let her fly

Ask The Credit Cowboy Jingle Radio Ad (mastered)FINAL by Steve Altonian | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Last edited:
Is this a new jingle for the same company? I assume they liked the last one and hired you back then?

First thing that leaps out to me is that the edit between v/o and the outro at 0:35 if very abrupt.

Is this a new jingle for the same company? I assume they liked the last one and hired you back then?

First thing that leaps out to me is that the edit between v/o and the outro at 0:35 if very abrupt.

Hey Steve,

It's for my commercial (I'm The Credit Cowboy)....The abruptness comes because I snipped a whole phrase which said "ya'll come back now ya hear" (but I'm left with that abruptness)

Funny you are the first person to mention it but I hear it....Arggghhhh. Has to be in by tomorrow. I am editing a little better now...Damn and I thought I got away with it...Good ears...

Last edited:
Couple of things stand out to me.

00:19 Not quite sure what you said there. It sounds like a crossfade edit.

The voice sounds like there is a reverb or short delay on it. I would remove all of it. Nice n dry. If there is none, then you need a drier sounding room.

It's 49 seconds long. That's pretty long for a radio spot. Should it be 30 seconds?

Don't put a fadeout on the end.

If this is stereo, I would push all instrument tracks out to each side leaving a hole in the middle for VO. Maybe not completely out to each side, but out of the way. There is some collision going on with the VO and the instrument tracks running in the background. If it's mono, then EQ the hole for the VO.

Cool man, new set of challenges. I did a radio spot for a friend who owns a distillery. He didn't use it but it was a good exercise.

Back