Final Mixes for Alternative/Filmic band ... HELP!

drummerdude666

immature
Hey guys.

We've just finished mixing these songs, I'd really appriciate it if you could have a listen - see how they're sounding. Something not quite there - cant put my finger on it though.

Overal I'm very happy with the mixes, but i might have missed something glaring. ;)

www.myspace.com/stopmotionmen

All three songs on there are the new mixes, so have a listen. Any comments or thoughts would be really appriciated :D

Nice sounds man. Fake your death got a bit loud, and seemed to clip. This could be the Myspace player. It never sounds that good. The main sounds, that are quieter, are awesome. Very well done. You might need to bring the overall volume down a bit, but I am not sure. Spit And Chew didn't have as much clipping sound, but still seemed too loud at times. Not just volume loud, but it got a bit convoluted. Again, could just be the player. Do you have some versions that are downloadable? It seems you got most of it nailed, and the damn player may be making it a bit too loud. Poor conversion quality or something, as most of the sounds when it's quieter are very crisp. :confused:

OK - i'll see what i can sort out. I dont seem to be having anything cliping in the myspace player, but i'll get the Mp3s sorted anyway.

Keep the comments flowing.

Just popped in here this morning briefly and listening to FakeYourDeath as I type. Very nice sound, I like this song :)

I do have to agree with dog however. The beginning sound is super sweet but at about the point it kicks in the volume is overpowering to the point of clipping or distortion. Other than that man that rocks, great job!

By the way, the heavier part reminds me of Our Lady Peace with the vocals and groove. Ever heard that comparison before?

It must be the Myspace player then, i'll get some mp3s sorted.

I'm glad you all like the song. I've never heard the OLP comparision. Usually we get the 'heavy Radiohead' or Muse comparisions.

drummerdude666 said:
It must be the Myspace player then, i'll get some mp3s sorted.

I'm glad you all like the song. I've never heard the OLP comparision. Usually we get the 'heavy Radiohead' or Muse comparisions.

The beginning part I hear muse for sure, but when it kicks in I hear OLP, ESPECIALLY on the "...I dont want to live today...", the singer's falsetto into the regular voice almost nails OLP's sound to me (in a few of their tunes). Not that its a bad thing, OLP rocks man and his voice is killer.

Nice work again!

thanks mate. I've re-edited some of the mixes, brought down the hihat a bit, and got rid of the nasty clipping that the myspace player was causing :)

Back