Final Mix

Nick The Man

I previously posted a sample of a song I had started to mix. I think I have the final mix here. Tell me what you think.

Check the link in my signature.

Last edited:
I previously posted a sample of a song I had started to mix. I think I have the final mix here. Tell me what you think.

Check the link in my signature.

sounds really good man! keep up the good work. the drums are by far the best i've heard from you.

Sounds pretty good overall. Toms sound great. Do you have an MP3 you can post? Maybe it's myspace, but the mix seems kinda dark - not much air.

Sounds pretty good overall. Toms sound great. Do you have an MP3 you can post? Maybe it's myspace, but the mix seems kinda dark - not much air.

Yeah, myspace beats the shit outta them, but if by "not much air" you mean none of the tracks really have much breathing room. I'd have to agree with you, everything seems smushed in.

I also remeber reading that "air" meant frequencies up in the 8Khz and beyond range. I'm not sure which one you are refering too.

I mean space and air. The highs don't have much high, and the lows don't have much low, combined with everything seeming to be squashed together. It almost seems "low-fi".

very nice!!

Sounds awesome!! Very nice all the way around!!! the only thing that i would do is bring the vox up a teeeeny bit. that's it.....just in the verses, the chorus' are good. Everything iswell played and sounds great!! Very nice job!!

JasonBird

Thank you very much for all the comments guys. I really have been striving for a good drums sound, that now i feel that i lack in the guitar department.

sounds good nick...the vocals sound a tiny bit akward...but i think that might be the singer...but it sounds really good other wise.

I think it sounds pretty good overall !

I don't know why but initially the music sounded somewhat less bright than the vocals when they kicked in and that gave it a different contrast.
I don't know whats going on in the mix but that contrast seems
To dissappear and blend a bit by the first chorus, held me in to the song for the rest of it.
Nice Job !

Edit:
Just saw the second link and had a listen.

The music seems to blend a better with the vocals , seems a little brighter (the music).
I didn't pick up quite the contrast as before, seems more soothing to my ears.
Nice mix !

Last edited:
I think it sounds pretty good overall !

I don't know why but initially the music sounded somewhat less bright than the vocals when they kicked in and that gave it a different contrast.
I don't know whats going on in the mix but that contrast seems
To dissappear and blend a bit by the first chorus, held me in to the song for the rest of it.
Nice Job !

Edit:
Just saw the second link and had a listen.

The music seems to blend a better with the vocals , seems a little brighter (the music).
I didn't pick up quite the contrast as before, seems more soothing to my ears.
Nice mix !

Thanks alot. Yeah myspace really ruins things. I thought the same thing, it really loses it's high end when you upload it on there.

I've been meaning to come back to this.

This Soundclick mix sounds way better than the myspace version. Way more open. The mix can breathe now. Everything sounds pretty good. I think the lead is a little loud, and after a few listens, the great sounding toms may be a little loud too. I catch myself doing that also. If I get something in my drums I'm happy with, I tend to make it too loud. I wouldn't try to compress or EQ them any. They have a nice attack and great resonance, it's just a level thing. Same with the lead guitar. It sounds fine, it's just a touch loud. That's just to my ears though. If you like it, run with it. The mix certainly sounds great. :)

Please disregard my previous "lack of air" comments based off the myspace link. :p

Back