Fifth Jamfest Mixdown

jgourd

...only a hundred to go:D

It has words so it must have a title. This is a nice blues jam with Flat-9 on Keys. Three guitars, keys, bass, drums, and harp.

Enjoy

Ok... jonathan... was going to comment on this before... you're now known
(thanks to rats) as the "Magic Genie" for your mad skills, but esp. your
disappearing act on Sat. nite :D LMAO :D

This sounds like the best performance/mix so far... this is Ralph singing, of
course. I do remember that, because his line "he looked at me like I had two
heads" sticks out for some reason.

The tones sound pretty good in this one.... maybe could use more bass in this
mix... but by far the tightest jammy you've offered up, yet...

Keep goin, man! Only 700 left :eek: :p :D :eek:

C

Speaking of tight mixes, all the others have been remixed but not posted. I sort of want to keep the "release" versions that are going to be on the CD to myself until the CD is ready.

These rough mixes are mostly so you guys can get a feel for how my progress is going. I also listen to these rough mixes in my car which is where I seem to make the best mental notes as to what needs fixing.

As far as the bass goes, I recently added an Event subwoofer to my monitoring setup and I am not yet acclimated to the new sound. To make matters worse, the bass in my mixing room is whacked. When I am on the other side of the room using my computer workstation for HR.COM, the bass coming from my monitors is overpowering. When I sit at the mixing console, it sounds a little bass shy. What I need to do is spend more time just listening to tunes while sitting at the console so I can get a better feel for music not mixed by me sounds on the monitors.

I have also been on a mixing hiatus since last September when I was in the hospital so it is taking a few mixes to "get my chops back". One thing I am finding fun is when I finish a mixdown and I notice that it is markedly better than before, I go back to the other tunes already mixed and listen to them from a new perspective.

Yet one more reason this one may have sounded tighter was that I did a little bit of mastering in the form of running the mix through an LA2A and doing a bit of limiting.

When the entire project is mixed, I'll put up a page where people can rate them that select which tunes to keep or throw away.

I think I played on this...it's still sort of a blur.... :D

I claim the clams for sure :D
Cool jam

Very cool j.

Joe

Back