Thread: Fidalgo Swing Inst. Track

Thanks

Fidalgo Swing Inst. Track

Sign in to disable this ad
    Did a recording of a friends jazz swing band , here's a rough mix of an instrumental track. Any input welcome as always. Thanx.Fidalgo Swing Inst #3.mp3

Thanks
    Like it! I'm guessing that panning is out of the question, with the audience audible in the background, would that cause some phase issues or something like that? The sonic space doesn't seem to be used up, but you may be limited in that regard. These guys are good, reminds me of something I heard a few years ago in Chicago, when I lived there, at this old Jazz club on the north side. Green Mill.

Nice capture.
    "No healthy person waits in line with a slew of geriatrics on a Sunday morning for pancakes" - RFR https://soundcloud.com/andrushkiwt

3. The Following User Says Thank You to andrushkiwt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andrushkiwt View Post
    Like it! I'm guessing that panning is out of the question, with the audience audible in the background, would that cause some phase issues or something like that? The sonic space doesn't seem to be used up, but you may be limited in that regard. These guys are good, reminds me of something I heard a few years ago in Chicago, when I lived there, at this old Jazz club on the north side. Green Mill.

Nice capture.
    I was one of the founding members of the band years ago , but left due to some personality issues .Glad to say that am still good friends with the other founding member ,and that they have obtained a certain amount of success in the area, as they are quite good .The line up usually includes a sax player , but he was gone at this gig. I agree about the space issue ; everything but the vocals (not present on this track of course ) was recorded DI , small stage ,and trying to mic everything would have caused a lot of problems. The crowd noise was captured with a room mic ,which I added for giggles, and can be removed. Everything captured on separate tracks . so working with the space issue is possible . Am going to go back and fiddle with it some more and re post. I got about 2 hours of stuff recorded on this night so I will be putting more up as I get it done or close to it for input.
    Thanx.

Thanks

Fidalgo Swing Inst. Track

Ok , Fiddled about with the stereo imaging a bit here's the result , I think it sounds a bit fuller . Thoughts.
    Fidalgo Swing Inst#3.mp3

Thread Information