A few short duets... relax and have a Corona.

XLR

______
I like to sightread duets, and this is part of a set I read through tonight. S.Amer/Mexican stuff. I might track these better later and add improvised gtr lines. So i guess you might say this is "in preproduction", haha. 5 mins. Have a listen.

Duet

Last edited:
Reactions: NL5
Dang Tim...sounds very nice. Playing is great, as always, and the tone is sweet.

Very enjoyable to hear....Thanks man. :cool:

Gotta agree with Dogman - this is excellent stuff. Your playing is always something I really enjoy..... The sound quality even at 128Kbs is fantastic. You've got this recording thing down to a fine art Tim. I'd like to hear some more of the last piece - very cool beat/tempo.... :D

:) :D :) :D

Tim:

Nice to share this pieces ...

Superb playing (as usual). Very good sound ("fat" preamp / very good mic/pre/room steup).

Ciro

When was the last time you hit a clunker?

Were you sightreading these pieces for the first time?

Perfect again.

What's the signal chain?

great sight reading...great dynamics...holy crap...really good. there's some guys that will sight read rhythm and melody and phrase them well like this...those guys are just ridiculous. just to find the fingering so that you don't end up running out of fingers is amazing. my sight reading is full of studdering and wrong rhythms

Dogman, ido1957, CIRO, apl, notCardio, cello pudding – thanks for all the comments. The signal chain was an MSH1-0 and a Schoeps mk41, next to each other and on axis 2 ft away from bridge, mixed equally, Tascam US122 pre and converter. The last tune would have been longer but it crashed and burned, haha.

Timothy Lawler said:
Dogman, ido1957, CIRO, apl, notCardio, cello pudding – thanks for all the comments. The signal chain was an MSH1-0 and a Schoeps mk41, next to each other and on axis 2 ft away from bridge, mixed equally, Tascam US122 pre and converter. The last tune would have been longer but it crashed and burned, haha.
Ok, mixed equally, does tha mean you pan them at all, or both up the center, with the volume the same for each one?

Dogman said:
Ok, mixed equally, does tha mean you pan them at all, or both up the center, with the volume the same for each one?
Gtr 1 uses both mic's panned 15% right, gtr 2 uses both mic's panned 15% left. I just checked the relative volume levels of the two mic's... on the backing gtr the MSH is a little higher than the Schoeps, and for the lead line it's reversed.

Last edited:
Tim, excellent job recording! I particularly love the sound of acoustic guitar duets. Everything sounds very clean and tonally balanced, great to just sit back, relax and listen. Thanks! I wish I had a smidgen of your talent.

Last edited:
Tim,

Around 0:17 marker my suggestion already is to quit posting such perfectly played pieces 'coz these are so beautifully played that I can't imagine how I could ever play so clean and so nicely. :p.

Ok, joking aside, those sound just so cool. :) I mean just the right amount of EQ and verb. Nothing sounds like it should be improved. Good job capturing the emotion.

Nice playing. :cool:

You managed to do it so it sounds good in mono too.

Really nice playing Tim. Are these all traditional pieces or are some more contemporary? Opps, the last piece was to short. Do it again. :D

I have to go along with the consensus here....really enjoyed this, very balanced tone and fantastic technique...I would love to play this style...I actually started out on the guitar taking classical lessons many years ago...I love the nylon string tone...my teacher was very strict on correct posture, righ/left hand position, holding the guitar correctly etc...but I just wanted to play Zeppelin and Deep Purple songs :o ...and didn't really stick it out...wish i woulda.
Thanks for sharing your music here...very inspirational!

Nice mic combo Tomothy. I quite enjoy playing with my MSH-1A in combo with other stuff.
It's about time you put together your next CD isn't it?

Sweet sounding stuff man.

Well played, nicely recorded, Its allways a joy hearing your stuff mate.

Its usually a very sorta landscapy and dreamy sounding, really suitable for a
Corrona :p

Top notch thanks for sharing :)

1. Corona kills brain cells. :rolleyes: :D

2. Very nice. Very relaxing, very European. I feel like having a coffee with some name like "Montreal Morn" :D Sound quality is good, playing top notch.

Back