A few new tracks

Well Atonement seems true to the electronica genre and generally solid, but what was more interesting to me was "Winter's Theme". Why aren’t you going to be doing any more of these kinds of songs? I think minus the fake drums, the song displayed very competent skills in composition. I could very easily see this scored to a movie. Just my personal opinion, but I think your proficiency with this kind of composing should not be so easily dismissed.

Hello Rythmischism,

Back in college and grad school, I played keys ina few bands, including a wedding band, but my first love musically was always industrial and electronica. Fast forward about 10 years, after a long hiatus from music, I purchased some gear. I was totally blown aay by all the stuff available now. Super sounding workstations. sub $1000.0 digital recorders (with built-in effects for that matter! and built-in cd burners!) I couldn't believe it was possible. I remember how I used to hook up a Juno 106 to a Boss digital delay hook that into a Randall amp so I could get the spring reverb.

More amazing was the software stuff. When I first saw programs like Reason, I was awestruck. Anyways, my dream of doing electronic music was now within reach, so last year, I purchased the gear and started doing stuff. After a few tunes, I burned them to cd and gave it to my family members to listen. My wife didn't like it much and my parents really didn't like it. They said it was just "noise."

So...(thanks to those 10 years of piano lessons Mom, and HS orchestra) I pulled up a piano patch, a guitar patch, strings, cello, and did a series of orchestrated pieces. The result...my family loved the songs! They now listen to them everyday.

By I've been itching to get back to doing synth songs.

This is my greatest and funnest hobby, and I've grate ful for being able to have others listen to the music.

Thanks,

Rog

FAChiro1 said:
Hello Rythmischism,

Back in college and grad school, I played keys ina few bands, including a wedding band, but my first love musically was always industrial and electronica. Fast forward about 10 years, after a long hiatus from music, I purchased some gear. I was totally blown aay by all the stuff available now. Super sounding workstations. sub $1000.0 digital recorders (with built-in effects for that matter! and built-in cd burners!) I couldn't believe it was possible. I remember how I used to hook up a Juno 106 to a Boss digital delay hook that into a Randall amp so I could get the spring reverb.

More amazing was the software stuff. When I first saw programs like Reason, I was awestruck. Anyways, my dream of doing electronic music was now within reach, so last year, I purchased the gear and started doing stuff. After a few tunes, I burned them to cd and gave it to my family members to listen. My wife didn't like it much and my parents really didn't like it. They said it was just "noise."

So...(thanks to those 10 years of piano lessons Mom, and HS orchestra) I pulled up a piano patch, a guitar patch, strings, cello, and did a series of orchestrated pieces. The result...my family loved the songs! They now listen to them everyday.

By I've been itching to get back to doing synth songs.

This is my greatest and funnest hobby, and I've grate ful for being able to have others listen to the music.

Thanks,

Rog

[night at the roxbury]
way cool!
[/night at the roxbury]

Back