A few Im working on

pipelineaudio

Here's a few from local bands I have been working on lately

PLEASE realize that I had NO control over the quality of the mp3 encodes in most cases...give me the benefit of the doubt when it comes to noise, distortion, and the possible lack of hi's and lows

sounds like a cop out but oh well....

first some weird and whacky:
Omni, a band that sings BETWEEN notes, making tuning tricky, whacky bass fx and a great drummer

now from whacky to whackier: ArvinsGarden. Synths, samples, drums two rappers, the guitarist from PWR and more

now some sissypunk/emo
Hello John ... fun stuff, but a classic example of why you shouldnt write higher than you can sing....these guys are working on some GREAT new stuff

10second delay... most of this this was recorded by the band and brought to me to mix. I had to trigger all the drums, tricky deal

http://www.10seconddelay.com/audio/bthmastered/whatifgod.m3u

Tolerance ... this was recorded when these guys were still in hi school, very versatile band

http://play.mp3.com/cgi-bin/play/pl...UQEAAABDDfBzPbVt8QwAlrX1X8EuoLAh10A-/Numb.m3u

Stereotyperider ... classic example of needing a producer...they wouldnt let me bring the main vocals up enough to hear, still, GREAT songwriting!!!

http://www.stereotyperider.com/mainpage.html go to the discography page ( sorry theres no direct link )

nogimmick: energy to spare....dont know about this accent on the vocs that seems to be in a lot of these bands

http://play.mp3.com/cgi-bin/play/pl...ABDdM6dPQAI2Wf0JlZ5wYxP31D0ztI-/Fade_Away.m3u

Jed's A Millionaire : songwriting skills from hell. Just what you get when you put a death metal drummer in John Cougar mellencamp

jeds a millionare.....wow...this sounds great!.....man if you could move to oregon ....i would totally want you to do this for me only for free......:D .....
pretty good song...well a very good one actually....
the drums sound really tight on this...good job.
the singer seems to pretty good grasp of melody...
i didnt even notice the bass...is that a good thing??...

thanks
jamal

Mr. Penance. Great mix. I like the guitar tone. I had a simaler band in a couple of months ago (tune to C# and sing like Cookie Monster:D ). Very nice job my friend.

mr penance

damn!!!!! first off, i really dig this song!!!!!!! the drummer is getting the f*#k off!!!!!! the recording sound's real sweet man. nice:D

where can i hear more from this band???

peace

rick

Man, I've only heard one tune so far (She Says - Jed's a Millionairre), and this is great. This tune is so good, that I don't care if it was recorded by Mutt Lange and put up here just to hype bands. Seriously, it's like The Goo Goo Dolls meet 7Mary3, without sounding too much like either of them.

Oh yeah, 'mix comments.' Hrm... Here's one.

HELP ME SOUND 1/50TH AS GOOD.

btw - thanks for your post in my daughter's thread...that was cool. I don't think anybody'll ever accuse ME of having "pro quality" recordings... (mostly, they just bitch about how I need professional help).

Going to listen to more.

bye

man i dont even comment this much in my own thread....lol
tolerance rocks ..as well......man this is a good sound...at 1:30 the panned guitars that is very cool...i guess not panned but stereo spread maybe???....only thing about this that i dont like is they dont have a very unique sound...and i guess thats good and bad..good that you sound like whats cool at the moment prob increases yer bigtime chances.....

oh and check yer p.m.'s

thanks jamal

heres one from a band you may know....

dont let prejudices in your mind fool you when you see the name :) actually LISTEN

pipelineaudio said:
heres one from a band you may know....

dont let prejudices in your mind fool you when you see the name :) actually LISTEN

ok if nothing else ..and there was plenty to like.....the solo alone was worth the download.......holy crap that was cool.

jamal

It's beyond late here...why am I still up? I was listening to everything you posted. You sound like you know what the hell you're doing, that's for sure.

I'm just stopping by to say that "She Says" is now on maximum rotation in my casa. Even the little "bon jovi" type synth stuff works in this song... (hope that doesn't keep anybody from listening). This song is just HUGE hit potential kinda' stuff, in my amateur run-of-the-mill guy who actually buys music on CD's opinion.

Is the rest of this band's material anywhere CLOSE to this cool?

g'nite

better....I dont even get along with these guys so well anymore, but they seriously got some good songs...the best ones arent available for download

they have a song called angel, that they did before they came to me, and it is a superhit..I always wanted a crack at that song

I downloaded the Dokken song. They used to be one of my favorites. Was this something that didnt make it onto an album? Not one of their better ones for sure. This sounds like something they may have wanted to put on dysfunctional maybe?
Still I liked it. Definantly a Pro Mixing job......Your doing this stuff?
Myx

that was from the Shadow Life album. The whole album was written well, and NOT what I expected from Dokken...these guys were like the beatles, amazing songwriting and harmony all over the place. Of course not too much good stuff made it to the record

good stuff doesnt sell...this was at the dreary grungy dumb dumb stage ( not that were completely out of it). Even most of george's solos werent allowed on...you know the rap, "if you know how to play your instrument nowadays, youre music sucks"

I dig on Dokken!

The Shadow Life was a departure, but still sounded great.......

This one rawks, bro!!!! You do some great work!

I dont have anything past dysfuntional... OK I have live from the sun with Reb beach, but Reb just didnt fit the band. Neither did norum.
I know what you mean about the anti-technique fad. I think its going away. I have really restrained myself on my recent stuff. I slip sometimes though... Im 40 now so I dont care anymore if I throw some shred on a song or not. People cant accuse me of having an ego, cause Ive already been there and done that. Sometimes I cant believe how hard I worked on lousy solos back in the 80's.... I really do believe its starting to come back though. Bands like Nickleback are playing some decent solo stuff and songs IMO....
Have any insight on why good stuff doesnt sell? I still dont get it...
Myx

Back