A Few Hip-Hop Tracks

I'm seeing a little frustrated sarcasm due to the lack of feedback.....
All I can say is that I rarely see any hippidy hop posts get many - if any - responses.

The problem may be that with rappers, you are generally assured to be dealing with an inherent and completely unsubstantiated overconfidence and arrogance (a hip-hop pre-requisite) combined with an expansive and staunchly denied ignorance. (I'm not attributing this to you, just making a rap generalization.) This, I think, is what often deters people from trying to offer any real advice and/or criticism. Also it can be hard to talk to someone who is already convinced that they are a "star" about what is wrong with their music.
You may or may not fall into this category, I'm just throwing in my two cents on the matter.

However, I must say that having never heard of "Chronikill", I am quite impressed by the crowd you draw - as evidenced by your album cover.
I guess the only real feedback I can give is that the "O" in your logo makes me feel as though I am peering into somebody's bunghole :rolleyes:

I checked it out......but only The Years Most Serous Song.

I'm not sure how to be constructive because I don't understand the music. So maybe I shouldn't say anything at all. I dunno. If I posted my guitar music in a forum that was predominantly rap and hip-hop and asked for opinions, I'm sure I would not get many.

The beat itself is cool.....the midi (or keyboard?) stuff is cool.....but the vocals, to me, don't have the body, depth, and shimmer that is typical of the hip-hop I have heard. But maybe that's what you want. I'm clueless, really. The ONLY thing I can say that I feel somewhat confident about is may you and your boys should get closer to the mic for some good proximity effect...?? :confused: At least I trird......

And why do you have someones bunghole in your logo???

Well I listened and the most constructive thing I can say is that it seems to be very artistic but it isn't the kind of art I would buy...

You may want to back off the EQ on your vocals thats just my preference that may have been the sound you where shooting for.

Jeez, you got pissy about the lack of responses after 5 days.....

It only took you 6 months to reply yourself..........

Hmmmm. How strange.
:p

Don't question anything a gangsta does, Metalhead...He might put a cap in yo'ass...From his mama's basement.

By the way, I agreee 100% with everything Metalhaead said inhis first post. It's like the chicken or the egg. Rappers probably think people here are narrow-minded or clueless to their type of music...At the same time, most of us are sick of seeing that the only people that come in here with their "Listan to my shit, I'm a stah, fuck the rest, I'm the best" bullshit, are the rappers...And it happens over and over again. On my Soundclick page, the rappers are the only ones that leave messages on my messageboard saying things like "Come check out my dope tracks, killah shiznit", while everyone is commenting on my music and politely asking to come check out theirs. I'm telling you, it's a sickness. I have no respect for the whole "community". Maybe if we're lucky, enough of them will shoot each other at the next "Bling Blang Awards Show"And there won't be any of them left.
Having said that, I really like some rap.

Last edited:
Back